rF2 Shutdown

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Larissa Lindemeier, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Larissa Lindemeier

Larissa Lindemeier Registered

Hello all,

I have a strange problem with rF2. When driving, the sim closes after exactly 1hour and 45 minutes.
    The problem occurs both offline in single player mode and offline on different servers.
    It is not dependent on cars or tracks
    I have tried several things.
    1. turned off all customs plug-ins and deleted them at the end.
    2. deleted the player.JSON and Multiplayer.JSON that a new one is created.
    3. reinstalled rF2

Finally I have now reinstalled Windows 11 and except Steam, Steam VR and rF2 there is nothing on the system.

I am using HP the HP Reverb G2.

My system is:
    Win 11 pro
    i9-12000kf
    32 GB DDR5
    RTX-3090

Steering wheel: Fanatec DD1 / Driver 464

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

several people have had similar issues, but usually with systems that had a lot less system and video memory. Are you overclocking anything? Also what graphic setting for the screen display are you using? Full Screen, Borderless, or Window'd? You might want to try another option, Windows could be losing track of rF2 and deciding it's not responding.

3. yashiman

yashiman Registered

4. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

I have been chasing the same issue for 6mths, brand new computer (very similar specs to yours), falls over between 1.5 to 3hrs after turning the machine on.
    Has just dawned on me the USB that i plug my Fanatec was a newer type USB. Have now plugged it in to the older style as per what Yashiman has said... could it be so simple to fix???? im hoping so!

5. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

No luck yesterday have 2 trace files and event id 6008, can some boffins please have a look at these and tell me what they mean...Cheers

Attached Files:

6. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Solved my issues with the game crashing... my new system had a gold 850 watt psu, changed it to a 1200 watt psu. Now no issues at all. Not sure but i think the newer systems couldn't run high graphics and power everything that's plugged in IE wheel, pedals, gear shifter etc.

7. Depending on model and manufacturer most PSU do operate stable at 60%, 65% or (the really "big" and "good" ones) at 80% of the rated power spec, so 80% of 850 watts are 680 watts. 65% of 850 watts are 552,5 watts.

Keep in mind that this is calculated by a plug / core voltage of e.g. 230 VAC (Germany) which is the ideal / theoretical value - often you see 225 or 223 volts at the plug, so you are "loosing" another 2 or 3%.