FPS cap in the new UI menus

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Risto Kappet, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I wish there was a way to apply 30/60fps cap on both the main menu and setup menu so your PC isn't cracking out max 144/240fps at full load all the time, would save a lot of noise, heat and electricity. Several other sims support this.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  2. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Is this noted, discarded or being worked on?

I expand this thread from just a FPS cap in the new UI to also having a FPS cap/FPS limiter setting available from the main menu.
    Latest new UI update showed that it's no problem to bring extra settings (like repeat shifts) from the .json files into the UI, so should be an easy addition?

Also, imagine having a system where by default the FPS limit set is taken according to the refresh rate that the user has. So if a player enters rF2, he gets 144fps limit by default if he has a 144hz monitor. Majority of people having lags and problems is due to uncapped FPS, so that would be a proper step for helping new drivers have a smoother rF2 experience... if that's S397 priority

3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

saving unwanted energy consumption, +1 for that.

Jeroen Goudeseune likes this.
  4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I like this idea.

5. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

No not a priority for a long time now :( even after the last build which introduced so many new problems with performance for so many people, there is no official statement wether they found a fix. We are praying for a BIIG QoL build for years now buts its just content coming.
    I'm manually limiting frames, but as garage screen is always running badly at 50fps rather than my locked 100fps, it doesn't matter anyway

6. Jeroen Goudeseune

Jeroen Goudeseune Registered

I dont even understand why the menu UI should be so 'dynamic' in terms of refreshment, because everything is static.

Risto Kappet likes this.