SOLVED Brand logo

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Nicolas Cortes, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

Hi, I'm just starting to do some customization with RF2 cars and have a little starter issue.

Cars instances uses a file named brand_logo.png that contents the image used as brand logo in the UI.

In most cases I can change this image and use a customized new one, but there are cases where despite of my addition of such a file the UI remains showing the old one.

Do you know if there is any place where this is coded ? Am I missing something ?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

In the veh file, you have Category="Brand, GT3, Cool car", so the first entry is what it looks for.

3. Nicolas Cortes

So, If I'm understanding you, yo mean that if my category sentence is for example as Category="593 Club GT3, Actual brand, Actual model", i'll need a file named "593 Club GT3_logo.png" ?

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes. Well, it depends where you put it, if it's in the teams folder, then it only needs to be named brand_logo. I don't know why your old one didn't work. Possibly the image size was wrong?

5. Reiche

Reiche Registered

I was curious and tried some variations with a M4 GT3 .veh file. It turned out "brand_logo.png" worked when I made changes to the Manufacturer line, so

Code:
    Manufacturer="BMW Motorsport Test"
    instead of the original

Code:
    Manufacturer="BMW Motorsport"
    BMW_logo.png, BMW M4 GT3_logo.png, BMW_M4_GT3_logo.png didn't work (Category="BMW, BMW M4 GT3")

(Maybe you all know that and it's just me having never looked into car modding before, so in that case just ignore my post :D)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  6. Nicolas Cortes

That the key

For some reasons (unknow for the moment) RF2 sometimes takes the logo file from other car with same manufacturer statement, even if you have a correct brand_logo.png file.

If changes the manufacturer statement as adviced by you and there is not such a confusion RF2 takes the right file.

Reiche likes this.
  7. Reiche

Reiche Registered

Does the manufacturer line make any difference elsewhere in the game? Having discovered the possibility of "brand_logo", I was thinking about adding the team logo to my liveries

8. Nicolas Cortes

I think that in the new UI there are not any references to this manufacturer statement. So we can work with this without any inconveniences