Released British Touring Car Championship

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 3, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Anyone?

2. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I wasn't aware the BTCC cars where supposed to have push to pass. I have not researched it though.

3. Havner

Havner Registered

The 2022 rules version is supposed to have. But I haven't used it.

4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

there will be more btcc cars coming, it is stated in the official video, and i read a comment on YT made my S397 official account that new honda civic will be there.
    i say next we get civic and bmw....another combination of fwd and rwd.

ebeninca, MikeV710 and r00b Driver like this.
  5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

[Tumbleweed]Some time passes….[/Tumbleweed]

Maybe spurious P2P status messages might attract more attention in Bugs…:(

6. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Why are the BTCC-cars still wearing out tyres like no qualifying-tyres in F1 in this game? 3 laps Brands Hatch and 10% gone with the medium slicks. Why this obvious BS is still there and nobody is complaining?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, I'll bite.

Why? Because it may not be obvious BS, and it depends on a number of factors. Naming a few: the car, the tyres, how much the tyres wear before they lose an appreciable amount of grip, how much grip an appreciable amount of grip is, how fast you're driving the car, and how you're driving the car.

Do the tyres last long enough to do the correct length race, at a competitive pace? Maybe they don't for you, but do for someone else. If no one is able to get them to last race distance without obviously driving very slowly, maybe there's an issue. But from the discussions I've seen regarding the CS races in these I think people generally have been getting to the end of the race without major issues, albeit with some people being more gentle on tyres than others. Might even call that realistic.

The proof with these things is in the pudding. 1 person will find it hard to judge tyre wear unless they're very experienced, but get some groups racing and you find out whether the issue is with the car, or just some drivers who are overdriving it (which can be fairly subtle; that's why it's a skill to drive fast and preserve your tyres).

8. pace_car

pace_car Registered

well its a hybrid boost based on champ position, also race-length seems to play a part.
    i dont know how S397 implemented this in RF2 though :)
    but here is a link to the real world btcc, hybrid boost 2022
    https://www.btcc.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Toca-Hybrid-A-Guide-to-the-BTCC-Hybrid-Era-04-22.pdf

i hope it helps

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  9. Leynad

Leynad Registered

You don't seem to know those cars at all. They loose 1% before exiting the pitlane in the limiter and only the hard slicks don't go under 40% within a 20 minute race. And if I'm good at something in sim racing it's saving tyres. Even prototype GTE slicks need to last double stints from the regulations and on BTCC cars those slicks should rather last longer. Hard slicks are not even used regularly in BTCC.

PirroC likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't watch BTCC and don't have the cars in rF2. That doesn't make anything I said untrue.

You must be very familiar with them, so let's start at that end: in real life on medium slicks, how long are the races and is there any tyre deg apparent?

What's the link between BTCC and GTE?

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No link between the different series other than both are supposed to have rF2's latest tire tech.
    GTE are heavier, have way more power and much larger tires.
    3 races each Sunday that average between 16 to 23 laps each(depending upon circuit length. So they really don't have to last too long. The first weekend the cars were released, there were some similar posts about how quickly the tires 'went off'. If I recall correctly, the tires are much narrower than say...GT3 tires. Goodyear is the official supplier of the BTCC so you would hope the data S397 is using has some relevance. Similar responses then about users have to learn NOT to overdrive the tires.

ebeninca likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can Google the race length too. Stuff like tyre deg rarely gets mentioned in articles (I know from previous experience with other series) so I'm asking about real world.

13. Leynad

Leynad Registered

All slick tyres have to last 8 laps 24h Nürburgring, since that is the typical stint length in every class with every brand. After the 8 laps the teams are usually using them for practice and setup runs after removing the pickup. Touring cars run often double or triple stints with a set of tyres and GTE-cars can't change to fresh tyres every hour as well because of the restricted sets per race weekend. Try to drive the slicks an hour in rF2 and look what happens...

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you still talking about BTCC or just in general?

15. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I really don't believe that this rule from 24h of Nürburgring applies to BTCC tires, it's a totally different ball game.

The current BTCC format in real life is 3 races of 20-25min, so it's expect the tires to have an ultra soft rubber focusing more in performance than durability.

Besides that is important to consider your driving style, take a look at some onboards on YouTube, maybe you're being too agressive on inputs like turning the steering wheel more than necessary.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  16. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Are you thinking these are TCR cars? They're not. BTCC cars are built to NGTC regulations.

Emery, ebeninca and sg333 like this.
  17. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Registered

Has the latest RC broken the Toyota brakes audio? For me, there is a loud squeal when the brakes are applied, regardless of temperature or pressure: I don't recall this being the case prior to the latest patch.

18. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ya, update is coming next week.

Rhino_WJB likes this.
  19. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

What about the really slow AI?
    At 120% difficulty I am faster than them at Brands Hatch, at other S397 tracks they are also too slow for me but there is still some headroom on the difficulty setting. I think the issue at Brands Hatch is both the car and track, where as at other tracks its probably more the cars AI settings.

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I don't know exactly the tire percentage, but the btcc for example in croft the first two races are 18 laps and they used soft tires, in fact from qualifying to race there is only a second difference, I imagine because of the weight of the fuel, the record is the Same for the classification, although not everyone used the same compound, in short, Gooyear tires must last something because nobody stops to change wheels
    1st race 18 laps: 1:21.468/1:22.498
    2nd race 18 laps: 1:21.468/1:21.965
    3rd race 15 laps: 1:21.468/1:22.165
    the 3rd race was 15 laps and they did practically the same times

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022