BTCC , cars no one plays on the online server anymore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pyney, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi all , the servers were full when the BTCC cars were released , great cars and very nice tracks , now after a couple of weeks the servers are empty , I don't get it , so much hype on these cars great fun to drive and now no one seems interested on playing online with these cars , anyone know why , Thanks

2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

The modern culture has a very short attention span☹️

Corti, trichens and memoNo1 like this.
  3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

that is strange indeed, i thought that btcc cars are balanced nicely against each other , so they should provide close racing....that is what thrives in online (looking at GTs). especially considering that they are entry level race cars, so in theory should attract more people.

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I mean, literally tonight there is a race in the CS again with a good grid. Public servers never were popular in rF2 to begin with :D

5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

The content drop hype ship has sailed...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Bart Hendrikx likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There will always be fluctuations, and definitely an initial rush with the hype. The issue is overall low numbers, so when there's an ebb (or the hype wears off and people do other things, or revert to more league/offline stuff which is what has kept rF2 going this whole time) there aren't enough people to fill a grid or two.

This is DLC so it further reduces the available player base.

If we keep seeing progress with rF2 over the next year or so we might be at a point where more people are willing and able to play rF2 consistently and boost the numbers enough to keep some solid racing in the quiet periods. That in itself will attract more players, so that'll be very nice if it ever happens.

trichens likes this.
  7. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Thanks for the replies guys , I play mainly iRacing, but keep coming back to Rf2 for the ffb and visuals , I can't understand why Rf2 doesn't have a good online system, it would be a winner ! If all the other sims have online it can't be that hard ? With my business head on it would make so much money , let's hope things get better for Rf2

8. Some people say rF2 is missing kind of ranking system in online / multiplayer mode which is known from e.g. iRacing, pCars and a lot more (or lets call it reputation or something like that).

From my point of view one of the biggest issues with public servers are some of the peoples behavior during a session / event / race and a lot of other sims do have the same problem in online races (seen a lot of videos on YT about F1 2017 e.g. where "crashers" all around).

I think most of the BTCC driving people have moved to their communities running a new season or league with that cars on their own servers mostly password protected.

9. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Yes reputation that's a good way to put it, some drivers have no respect where others will race fairly. iRacing is the best for this but not perfect but you are racing against others of similar skills abilities.
    It's a shame that the developers can't look at this and design a online system that work's for everyone

ebeninca likes this.
  10. I think it is pretty hard to implement a reputation system which fits the needs of the fair drivers; I know from pCars that you are able to increase the reputation score pretty easily by doing a "two drivers" online race.

I am not familiar with iRacing, but I have heard drivers complaining about being "punished" with point deduction while others hit them - and so on.

I think there is no perfect reputation system and so most of the communities have spare servers running without any password and password protected servers for their league sessions.

As said I think the BTCC are well known and used but as also mentioned a lot of people like to change the cars on a regular basis, also there are drivers who change their car everyday during online races.

From my point of view a lot of other issues could be solved which will help rFactor 2 to be more accepted again and IMHO these are minor issues like "custom skin transfer" which still is not really working (as the custom skins can be seen but are distorted and you will only see your own custom skin in the right way (also if I remember correctly, you will see your skin on the other drivers car if he is also using a custom skin).

11. Stevy

Stevy Registered

If we get an overhaul of the comp system and page in the next one or two quarter updates I think the numbers, not just of rF2 but also comp races, will rise quite a bit.
    The comp system is still really bare bone for now.
    No (visible) rating, no profile, no comparison with other drivers, no race history and no (sorry) good racing series and no multiclass (yes, people want GT3. Deal with it!).
    Also (what strikes me the most :p) no custom paints and no working upgrade system, and you need every content for the whole season.
    That plus all the other typical rf2 things drive most people away.
    It's not like they have no alternatives.

But if they get the comp system right (and I think they can and I hope they will)
    I see rf2 in a good spot to maybe not bring down iRacing, but being a good alternitive.
    A better one than ACC or AMS2 or Rennsport in the future

12. I agree to this.

I have R3E, PC1-3, AC, ACC and some more in my Steam Library as I wanted to have a comparison of the available simulations (I have started with Grand Prix 2 back in the 90ies but then did a very long pause after release of PC2).

rF2 provides some very good base for simulation IMHO e.g. physics of cars and FFB - to me it looks like the car designer has a lot of opportunities and therefore there are some pretty good mods around beside the original s397 content.

This is one of the biggest advantages to me: rF2 (also rF1) provides the opportunity to include mods from the community (remember, PC and PC2 do not officially as AM2, too).

The main disadvantages from my point of view were already mentioned:
    You have to own every content which is used in a hosted race session instead of e.g. only the actual driven track and the car you like to drive; and some of the pretty user friendly foreseen modding options (like the custom paint / skin) are not really working (or lets be honest: are buggy).

I know a lot of people complaining a lot concerning the first point and if that could be fixed it would be a great leap forward concerning acceptance in the community of simracers all around. (edit) Also I am aware that this would reduce sales in the first.

13. marklar

marklar Registered

iRacing is not different. Brasil's Stock Car Pro Series was introduced this March and it's already dead.
    Similar with ACC and GT4 cars. No one drives them online.

14. Binny

Binny Guest

Happens with other sims eg. iracing, I think its more about finding what the users want not what the company can license, but HEY when do we get asked what we would like & see implemented or licensed in the immediate future.