Aerosketch tools

Discussion in 'Other' started by Raintyre, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Aerosketch is made to visualize Rfactor 2 aerodynamics.

Its calculations are strictly based on s397 spreadsheets obtaining 99.99% accuracy for vertical forces and side forces.
    It features wings, body, diffuser, fenders and effects of ride heights, yaw, wheelbase, undertray locations, ducts, etc,

This video is a small demonstration for the full 'wing settings' version.

I attach some images of the 'ride height' version, which is useful to visualize how downforce and drag are changing depending on rear ride height, rake, etc [Old version. See updates on latest post]

Aerosketch is an advanced version of Aerogebra, which it was made in Geogebra, but this software was not efficient when handling big functions. Aerosketch is much faster and updated to latest public spreadsheets available.
    However, I also link these Aerogebra vids to illustrate some features, because the interface was similar. Unfortunately, Youtube deleted annotations which included explanations, i am sorry for that.

If you are interested in trying this tool, please send a private message. Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    SRGP, vava74, atomed and 5 others like this.
  2. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

How to do basic but good aerodynamics in 20 minutes:

Sorry for slow and clumsy English speaking. I am not very trained on speaking English...

vava74, svictor, atomed and 4 others like this.
  3. philrob

philrob Registered

Nice tutorial Raintyre, great work.

Raintyre likes this.
  4. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

How to do a diffuser for Rfactor 2:

The video analyzes main parameters on [DIFFUSER] section of physics hdv file:
    DiffuserBasePlus()
    DiffuserFrontHeightPlus()
    DiffuserRake()
    DiffuserLimits()
    DiffuserStall()

doddynco, vava74, philrob and 2 others like this.
  5. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

The tools have been updated including support for front height visualization and improved balance calculations.
    Also, X axis can be changed to Wing Settings, Rear Height or Front Height mode, so that all tools are merged into one, which is more confortable and saves a lot of time!
    A made this brief video to show some of the new features and give some hints about front height lift parameters.

Regards!
    EDIT: Updated video with new audio because I noticed some flagrant English pronunciation mistakes. Sorry!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    philrob and Corti like this.