Disable sound from Opponents / AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tr22, May 24, 2022.

1. tr22

tr22 Registered

Hello , recently the Opponents/AI have full sound again, I think since the last update. I once managed to disable the enemy's sound, which really annoyed me. Unfortunately, I no longer know what to set/change where and how so that I only hear the engine noise of my own vehicle again. Who of you can help me or give a good tip. Thank you in advance.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Lower the Legacy Sound effects, contact the creator of the car to update sounds to the new package.

3. Pales

Pales Registered

Ah, yes. This is what is known as the erratic throttle and breaking issue that was introduced in Build: 1110 (2018). It still hasn't been fixed, unfortunately. It is quite the earbleed.

4. tr22

tr22 Registered

Hi ,
    Thank you for your answer . I've tried everything, the noise that the other S397-GT3 vehicles make cannot be effectively reduced or even completely eliminated. In my opinion, the fun of this simulation is lost because of this. I hope that there will soon be a simple solution to the problem (possibly an update). But if someone has another idea I would be very grateful.

5. Pales

Pales Registered

It's not possible to adjust the audio now following the update. Even the sound engineer is aware of just how obsessive the erratic throttle and breaking issue is. Until that issue is addressed or we have the ability to adjust the engine volume again (which is unlikely based on the discord conversations with the developer) it is just something we have to live with..

Hopefully the erratic issue is fixed soon

6. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

You can roll back to "previous release" using the beta tab in Steam. Right click rFactor 2 in your steam library, click "properties" then Betas and then choose "previous-release" from the drop down menu.

Edit: I also turned off automatic updates, so it will only update when I launch the game. Then I make sure to put steam in offline mode when I play so it won't accidently update. Of couse this is only good if you do not participate in online races.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Lars likes this.
  7. rlaycock

rlaycock Registered

Hi
    For what it is worth I can now only use the new BTCC and updated Formula pro and Indy car, as all the other official content GTE, GT3, Porsche cup etc. give me a screaming headache with the extremely loud opponents engine sound, combined with the constant on and off the throttle. of the AI.

It makes one wonder how they could release an update like this?

The BTCC are magnificent. I can only hope other official content is updated shortly.
    Best wishes
    Bob

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  8. tr22

tr22 Registered

Hi ,
    thanks for your tips and answers. Have tested everything, but was unsuccessful. Since this is a problem that currently makes the simulation unattractive, I wrote directly to S397. I even got a quick answer, I was told that the problem is known and that they are working on it .... :) , I hope for an update soon

pkelly, Lars and davehenrie like this.