SOLVED Infiniti BTCC Q50 Brake Bias

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r00b Driver, May 21, 2022.

1. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Infiniti Q50
    Does anyone know why the Brake Bias shows different values in the set up page to the in-car dash?
    BB Infiniti BTCC.png BB Infiniti BTCC - Dash.png

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

same in formula pro, it shows different number instead of showing actual bias. i think it shows "position" / "clicks" from lowest settings, which is not very useful.

r00b Driver likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

agreed, I would suspect it is done to save space on the LED screen

r00b Driver likes this.
  4. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Well that's just silly.

Thanks for the info

5. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

could be the case but they just could have shown rear bias only or front bias only, like you see in F1 dash.
    IMG_1582.jpg

Please do note that i don't want Brake bias to take all of display like above, but i'm sure it can be placed easily on current brake bias indicator/number (which is at right middle position on fpro display).

oh well, its gonna happen anyways with q4 content coming with official licensed F1 car.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think space is the issue. I would say the code responsible for setting these values for display on the wheel simply doesn't have access to the bias setup parameters (base, step) in order to show the actual bias rather than the current "value".

ebeninca and atomed like this.
  7. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

How can the developer not notice this before release?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Before release of what? The car maker can't change what the game can do. Or do other car wheels show the bias correctly?

9. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

Good point. Logitech shows it wrong also. Although the Logitech shows it correctly in other games. Not a big issue though.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Now I'm confused!

They're talking about the virtual wheel, in the virtual car. Not related to the controller being used. (support for new fangled wheels with full LCD screens is another topic entirely).

11. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

That's because we see the number of the setting of the brake bias. When the developers make the "special" entries for the brake bias we will have the possibility to make it the same values for the menu and steering wheel

12. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I'm trying to remember a car (official or mod) that shows this value on the LCD screen, but I can't... old rF2 problems, as usual.

The Iron Wolf shared memory plugin is a thing which should have already been incorporated by rF2, we still suffering the lack of basic information on screen, I keep imagining how new players configure their force feedback without a FFB saturation bar. Maybe flipping a coin?

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  13. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

So, what Lazza is saying, is that the in game wheel can't access the in game data of the Brake Bias.

That's not silly at all.

TBH it would be better if it didn't have the Brake Bias on the wheel at all if it cannot show the correct data (and by that I mean the standard Brake Bias that we all know and love).

Good thing I have SimHub overlays to get tue actual data :)

14. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

How this can be confusing is odd, simply put the in game set up value for BB does not match what you see on the dash of the car display when driving. Other drivers in my group saw same issue, regardless of user wheel type.