Long loading times

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rakoczyn, May 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. rakoczyn

rakoczyn Registered

Hey there.
    I've touched on this topic on Discord, but since none of the tips helped me, I am posting this on forum.

I think my loading times are a bit too long, considered how there were some fixes applied to speed up loading.

So on the discord @Devin mentioned
    That was really odd to me and I did couple of tests myself.

LeMans, 40 AI cars (endurance pack GTE's + Oreca) = 5m36s
    Nurburgring GP, same grid as LM24 = 4m50s
    Nurbugring GP, with BMW M4 Class1, no AI, = 2m

I've tried clearing cache folder (https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-simple-way-to-clear-shaders-and-cbash.55446/), but the times are pretty much the same.

What I've noticed is that loading bar is going at steady rate to about 75%, then very slowly towards 80%.

My PC spec:
    Ryzen 5 3600
    32GB 3600MHz ram
    WD SN750 1TB nvme drive

I have High/Ultra graphics settings, if that makes any difference.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The slowdown at 75% is the shaders & cache being created. It happens when you first drive a track or it has been updated. Try the test a few more times. The difference between your large field & then the BMW single car is not solely due to just the one car but probably it didn't stall at the the 75% to 85% because you already had loaded the track for your previous test. After that from the uppper 80's to the end is the loading of individual car shapes. So the more different cars, the longer the process. Remember a large chunk of rF2 loading is due to the CPU extracting the MAS files. You didn't mention your video card or it's Vram. That too makes a difference, especially with the Ultra settings, cramming Le Mans shaders into a small Vram suite could also be part of your slowdown.('COULD' not IS)

I just loaded 40 GTE/GT3 cars at Le Mans on Ultra, a track I had already been to, and it took 90 seconds to reach 100% and a total of 97 seconds for the garage screen to appear. I too have a NVME 1TB storage combined with a 12GB Videocard(AMD 6700XT) & a 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KF 3.19 GHz. All of those contribute to shortening or extending the load times.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  3. rakoczyn

rakoczyn Registered

I have Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6GB GDDR6
    So yeah, that VRAM could be an issue here... I'll do some more tests with lower graphics settings.

davehenrie likes this.