Game lags/freezes crashes to desktop

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RoboCAT10, May 20, 2022.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Hi
    I am having a big problem with the game crashing. I manage to get about half way through the race until the game starts stuttering really bad and eventually freezes for a couple of seconds before crashing entirely to the desktop. I am not sure how this has come about as I haven't changed anything in regards to settings recently.

I am running on a dedicated server with just AI and also using the my other PC to control the broadcast overlay. I also am running OBS at the same time for recording. I have always done it this way since the beginning of last year and am only now having these troubles. The drive I am recording on has a lot of space and my PC is updated/purchased it only last year.

If anyone might know of a solution or a away I can try solve the issue please let me know. I have tried more than 10 times to finish a race, but every time I get to mid way distance and it crashes.

Thanks

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I have not got an answer for you sorry.
    Does it happen with other games?
    PC free of dust inside etc. ?
    Hope you find a fix.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

As DJ stated, nothing jumps out right away except heat or lack of Ram. Even though your system is relatively new, what is your video card & it's Vram? Are you using a laptop?

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

It's a desktop, not laptop.
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool (gyazo.com)

DirectX Diagnostic Tool (gyazo.com)

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at here, but could any of that tell a story?

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I see you had the problem for a while now reading your other old post here--> https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/game-crashes.70619/
    Looks like Windows Event viewer gave you no clue what was wrong back then.
    It's important to know if it's just rFactor2 or other games too. If it happens with other games then you can rule out rFactor2 as the problem.
    Diagnose if it still crashes if you are not running OBS Studio. I'm assuming that you're not running out of hard drive space while you're recording? If your PC has more than one harddrive then try record to the other instead for testing purposes.

Download 'MSI Afterburner' to check temps while gaming. For testing purposes you can also underclock your graphics card with it too. Lets you also increase the graphics cards fan speed higher also. You should not have to do that but.
    If you have a friend that you can borrow PC parts from would be helpful. For example the graphics card is the first thing to try from his system in yours.
    You said your pc is new, if it turns out you have hardware problem hopefully some parts are still under warranty? Your GTX2060 graphics card might still have a 3 year manufacturer warranty on it still?

You might get more help posting here https://forums.overclockersclub.com/forum/99-hardware/
    Hope you find a fix.