RPM going up at idle when braking and pushing on clutch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by caterkiller, May 23, 2022.

1. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Hi guys, I've noticed a strange behaviour on the Aston GTE (might be the case with other cars too, didn't test yet), like the title says the RPM go up when braking and pushing on clutch (or not, but this goes higher when pushing on clutch pedal).

I did a little video :

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@caterkiller your throttle pedal is bleeding a bit when you press the brake. You can see it even on the replay controls display (which isn't very high resolution).

Check your pedals, use something higher resolution like diview, and either clean/tighten your pedal pots/mounts or add some deadzone to your throttle input.

3. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

@Lazza Doesn't explain why this happens when braking...

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your throttle pedal is being activated when you press the brake pedal. Used to happen a lot with the old Momo pedals.

5. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

caterkiller is using a very recent (dec 2021) fanatec CSP V3.0

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's good to know, but it's still the same issue: his throttle is activating when pressing the brake. Might be fat feet, might be interference, I don't know. Checking with a better inputs tool should make it clearer, though when it shows in the replay inputs it's probably severe enough to show in the calibration screen too.

The Momo thing was just an illustrative example. I didn't actually think he'd be using those :p

Just to cover all bases: the Aston didn't do this for me, at all. It's an input issue.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

recalibrating each pedal with a small deadzone will diagnose the problem as well. If the issue vanishes after putting in place the deadzones, then @Lazza was dead on. Why he noticed it on the Aston may be due to the low end torque the Aston has vs other higher revving engines I seem to recall at least a mention of Fanatec pedals having some brake dragging issues, so even though the mechanisms between the brake and throttle are different, there could be some cross-talk. .

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I use Fanatec CSP earlier version (HALL sensors) and have a bleed problem across inputs with the pedals, I have put a small deadzone on to all three pedals which has eliminated this issue.
    Additional info: the bleed issue was much more noticeable in AMS2 and a small deadzone rectified in that platform as well.

Well spotted @Lazza (if it is the issue here)