WIP Formula Pro fuel tank clicks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Risto Kappet, May 14, 2022.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

It sometimes takes 2 clicks to move the amount by 1 liter, sometimes 1 click. It seems like there are gallons being used in the background. Would be nice to make it properly metric so either it's exactly 1L or 0.5L per click

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's more likely done in kg increments (perhaps 0.5kg) than gallons, which makes sense in that that's what they use in real life, but doesn't make much sense when the fuel temperature in the game doesn't change and numbers that don't change every time (and, importantly, require you to adjust them to find out 'exactly' what they're set to) are just confusing.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yep, it's less than one, and the UI doesn't display decimal places on the fuel, so that happens. I'll ask about it and see if something can be done, but it may be like that for a reason.

McFlex likes this.
  4. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

It would be nice if the setup screen could display kg instead of liters for the cars that use kg for fuel measurement.

I'm pretty sure the IndyCars and Stock Cars use gallons.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Actually, the Stock Cars of Nascar use Cans. Two 12 gallon gas cans fill up the 18 gallon tank.(and splash a good bit when the overflow spills out). So the math for a one or two cans would be (45.48, 1,2) ??? ((old age, I've forgotten whether the step comes before the number of steps..)) Except they often do a splash at the end so the first number would have to be small,(the splash of only a couple of gallons) the middle then = to 12 gallons (45.48L) and the number of steps would total 3. Good lord, I USED to know this stuff.