Something wrong is happening with file saved setups

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by pedro ramada, May 18, 2022.

1. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Hello

Something weird is happening with file saved setups in rf2
    what i mean is... for example... i saved some settings that i did and felt very right in the behavior of the car
    two days later i'll go on the server and load that exact same file setup and for some reason it's completley diferent from what i have felt and also the lap times are very diferent!

Then i load the default setup and i click compare to my previous saved setup... i put all settings manually and save to some diferent name... and booom ... suddenly all feel right again and the laptimes comeback!!

This is very weird!! But actually is happening!... It should be look at.... urgent!

thanks!

2. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Hi there

That's very odd to say the least. From what you're saying, the second time you go on track (with the previous setup), it's like it's not being loaded or correctly used after loading it.

If you're up for it, try using Fidgrove, our data platform that automatically saves the exact setup being used (project webpage, forum thread here). Since our platform automatically stores the setup actually being used on track, you can see if it's an issue with loading the setup or the fact that the loaded setup is not behaving correctly.

3. delapecs

delapecs Registered

I have had the same problem and it has been when updating my CSW v2 to a CSL DD, which also coincided with the change of the RC to the stable build.

The game does not detect the degrees of the steering wheel and does not adapt to the degrees of the car. Normally I play at 360º and I had to change it to 270º to get feeling again.

I fixed it by setting the rotation value to 'SOFTWARE' instead of 'DRIVER' and setting it to 1080 degrees in game and steering wheel, where I previously had it set to AUTO. Since the base change and the update to the Fanatec 440 driver and the new version I have this problem.

You go to know who is the cause :D
    Hope it helps

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Remember. different cars have different steering ranges. If you have Auto Detect checked, then the game should change the value to match whatever car you are driving.

5. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Yes, it is checked, but before my mega-mini-update it worked set to AUTO and now I have had to set a fixed value for the wheel so that rFactor2 adapts correctly to the value of the car.

The values are modified with each car setting that is loaded, thus returning to values that you had already changed, and it can give you the feeling, as it did for me, that nothing is familiar and that you are out of place.
    Something similar happened with the YAW value. It's just a theory to help.

The 360º degrees depends on the circuit and especially because of my sore hands and wrists.:D

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    davehenrie likes this.