Released Q2 Update and DLC Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 9, 2022.

1. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Totally agree too!
    The Oreca is solved very well.
    I use Creative Sound Blaster AE and Devil 5.1 via optical cable.
    Yes, a proper basic tuning for everyone would not need sliders either!

sg333 likes this.
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Is the 7.1 headset is similar to the 5.1? My headset is 7.1.
    Does rfactor2 support THX technology?
    I have the Razer 7.1 headset and they support this tech.

3. Eveno

Eveno Registered

Hello community Can you tell me about the key combination on the keyboard to delete the physics of the tires on the screen. Thank you. Have a nice Sunday

Attached Files:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If I understand correctly you can set your system to 7.1, and the software uses the 'tech' to send that to the headset and give you positional audio. If that's the case, then you can do it with any game/application that outputs those channels correctly, and rF2 will do that.

In practice you probably won't get anything better than the HRTF the game now does, and you may get something worse because it doesn't have the same number of profiles (quick googling isn't getting me to an ultimate answer on this). The concept is the same, but I don't know if the razer software can get as good results (both can potentially give bad results, it's all about the settings/profiles).

Alt-Equal (Alt - =)
    upload_2022-5-15_20-54-18.png

You can assign it in the game play section in controls settings, if you have somehow cleared it.

Mydriaz, Eveno and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Do you put your helmet on? Don't go half reallistic, go full. Also, I think F1 drivers will use ear protection.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Wind isn't sound in itself, it's air movement and that takes sound away and creates sound when touching the car and helmet.

7. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi all,
    Thank you for the tip, I've reduced the sound effects from 256 to 128 and it actually works better on the 3 new tracks.
    My trouble is that I want to make a GT3 race with multiple different cars with a 23 cars grid and 16 cars visible and my FPS drop down from 120 to 50 - 70 FPS!
    I've tried on the 3 new tracks and I encountered the same trouble. Actually, it's undrivable! I've to race with a maximum of 2 different cars max...
    I thought that my PC was strong enough with an I7-9700K, 32Go of Ram and an RTX3070 Nvidia graphic card.
    rFactor2 is the only game that cause me these troubles.
    Of course I can reduce my graphic settings but It's not the way I want to follow, I'd rather you fix optimisation issues.
    Thank you.

8. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Used Headphones today and the rumblestrip sounds are loud with the Oreca around Spa. Speaker- or Headphones-settings, in both cases they are too loud in my point of view. It was okay using my normal speakers somehow. Anything else did sound proper, I believe.

9. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

the sound cracking/cutting issues at spa (on fpro) seems to be related to headphone mode, in speaker mode sounds don't do any weird stuff.
    so there may be something off with headphone mode, HRTF.

Edit: the fps are horrible as well , dropped to 40s from 130.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes Studio397 should improve the headset audio implementation. There is some thing wrong.

11. Simulation_Player

Attached Files:

12. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

does it happen to anyone else?:
    To my teammate and me, it is the same for screen as for VR, when you exit multiplayer and close the game, it does NOT close; you should end it in task manager. It is very annoying because it stays at full capacity and is noisy, temperatures and consumption do not drop; I realized after finishing a session and when I took off my headphones, after a few minutes I still heard too much noise, so I checked what was happening and surprise... I have checked several times to make sure with my teammate. In single player it doesn't.

My teammate can't enter any server if someone is inside; We have tried everything we have come up with (software and hardware) and we have not been able to solve it. When the server is empty he can enter without problems.
    Does anybody have any suggestions?.
    It's a big problem as it prevents us from training together sometimes and we can't change drivers in endurance races when it's his turn to enter.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi
    I tried your setting and it’s much better but I can’t find in the HRTF options the 2irc-1016.
    Thanks

memoNo1 likes this.
  14. Simulation_Player

the HRTF 2irc-1016 was there from the beginning, i didn't add it.
    I'm kinda surprised that you like my sound settings.
    I have changed from those already.
    (HRTF is same though)

15. Simulation_Player

somethings i did that help with the performance and sound issue i had on spa, in case it will help others >

verified the game intergrity (nothing came out but good thing to do in such situations).

cleared cbash and shaders folders (https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-simple-way-to-clear-shaders-and-cbash.55446/)

I turned down the legacy sounds options all the way to 0% , since fpro uses new sound engine these options don't work anyways...so i thought that they might be causing problem.

so far seems to be going smooth both sound wise and performace wise on spa (still get occasional micro stutters but way better than before).

16. djvicious

djvicious Registered

This has likely been asked before, but can we get a deal on the 3 new circuits as a pack only? With full respect to the work that has been done, I don't personally have any interest in the BTCC cars, but would like the new circuits in my game. Thanks!

Bart Hendrikx, Lars and Binny like this.
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Tested all the content over the weekend and I got to say the update itself and the content is very good. There are still a few little issues that I would like to see adjusted.
    • I had to disable the sparks wich caused stuttering or in some cases very small screen freezes when the car bottomed out, so I hope that this get's optimized
    • the BTCC cars are very nice and of high quality with a few little things that could be polished, like the left mirror of the Infinity or the fan or whatever it is infront of the drivers face that could use a few more polygons
    • it's very nice to see the visor mod added back to official content so I hope that the rest of the content follows with options for rain drops on visors in cars with open cockpits because immersion
    • it's also nice to see that the windows reflect the cockpit wich makes them finaly look like windscreens, please more of this
    • the BTCC AI cars are very slow
    • Something that get's mentioned quite often recently are the under car shadows that are a bit messed up right now and don't allign with the tires properly as can be seen in the following screenshot:
    20220514155605_1.jpg

RaceNut, sg333 and memoNo1 like this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Wait.. I miss something here.. A Visor Mod for official content?!?
    Where? Which cars do you mean excatly?

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

Glad I'm not the only one irked by that fan thing in the Infinity. A beautiful modeled interior, then this playstation era modeled fan smack bang in the middle of the screen :confused:

pkelly likes this.
  20. Havner

Havner Registered

One of the BTCC cars has it.
    EDIT: Infiniti
    Funny that only one.

memoNo1 likes this.