KNOWN exhaust smoke in rearview

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jozsef Gocsik, May 14, 2022.

1. Jozsef Gocsik

Jozsef Gocsik Registered

I once saw the exhaust smoke in the rearview mirror, in Toyota Corolla BTCC, but when I restarted the game it was no longer visible and is not visible at all now. What could be the problem?I have checked engine emitter set to true in player.json.I tried to set wind strenght to 0 km/h in the weather setup but it didnt help.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

was it exhaust smoke (which I don't recall ever seeing) or was it an engine overheating and trailing smoke?

3. Jozsef Gocsik

Jozsef Gocsik Registered

Yes it was exhaust smoke i can definietly confirm!
    I was also surprised to see it, but when I stopped the engine it disappeared pretty slowly and when I started it smoked and as I depressed the accelerator the exhaust smoke increased and flowed. The smoke was low at idle and increased straight at higher turns. It was great to see, but as soon as I exited with the esc key and went back to driving it didn't work anymore, even though I restarted the game.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

There's no exhaust smoke, your engine was over heating.

5. Jozsef Gocsik

Jozsef Gocsik Registered

I have tried to overheat the engine about 30 seconds with full rpm but nothing visible smoke.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The HUD has a page showing engine temperature. Try getting it to about 140 deg C.

7. Jozsef Gocsik

Jozsef Gocsik Registered

Ok, problem solved!Thank you!I have waited more than 1 minute with full rpm and i see the smoke again.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Now GTR2 had exhaust smoke, I just remembered the AER Twin Turbo that was used by Team Dyson. The engine was so new, I think they installed at the first race. Those new powerplants just bellowed white smoke until the rings & valves got fully seated. So for GTR2, I increased the smoke value so that just the Dyson Lolas put out a fairly large white cloud. But....getting back on topic...no exhaust smoke in rF2. Was there any prior to the heat haze getting disabled?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Nope, only ever smoke from overheating (or an engine that was already in the process of dying; sometimes they smoke, sometimes they pop immediately). The haze was only the haze bubble.

davehenrie likes this.