Released Q2 Update and DLC Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 9, 2022.

1. sniper

sniper Registered

right click on your speaker, bottom right of screen -- click on open sound settings -- click on device properties of your output device -- click on additional device properties and then go to the advanced tab

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Enough about the sound:)

+1 for a request for a track-only pack (unless I’ve missed something while on holiday;))

FERNANDO CABRERA likes this.
  3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Why enough?! It’s a big issue for me. I can’t hear the AI cars at all.

MileSeven likes this.
  4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yes, there's a lack of bass, "POWER", in the sounds, they became more "thin" with a lot of treble.. The idea is good and i think it has great potential, but the equalizing of the sounds is very poor as it is now. I can't still hear cracks and pops when off throttle in some cars, that would be great adittion to the sounds, a more "random" engine sound...

Lars and sg333 like this.
  5. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Yes It´s not bass heavy, as most digital recordings that don´t have abusive compression In there EQ carving. We have to remember that the sound Is spread out In a 3D sound environment. It´s not left, right or center.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I've been doing some tests because I also noticed the frame drops. It's the new content that it's causing the performance issues for me. I don't notice the same performance penalty when using the old tracks. Lowering the circuit detail, in my case from ultra to high, improves the frame rates but I still can't get fixed 90fps in Laguna Seca while the free mod does. I guess the DLC is much more detailed. Changing the number of simultaneous sounds playing doesn't affect it.

I'm also seeing that the new tracks take a lot of memory and this can trigger swapping to disk and thus the stutters. Closing any open applications and freeing as much RAM as possible before starting rFactor 2 can help.

Lars likes this.
  7. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Disabling Windows 10 Telemetry, user experience, DAP services can make a big difference In performance and stutters.

8. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Here´s a great video...

Hope It helps.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What is this telemetry for? Does it have to do with sim telemetry?!

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Can you test with 30 AI again? Less cars produce less load. With only a few cars i don't have the massive problems, alone on tracks it does not matter how many samples are choosen

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  11. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Ah ok Dave! I thought that they at least bring a standard pack for all cars... nothing fancy but something... because atm sounds like driving non updated cars is bad!! :( Let's hope for an update soon!!

davehenrie likes this.
  12. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

The concept Is similar, Instead here the Info Is sent to Microsoft! Have a look at the video If you haven´t.

13. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Hi Lars,
    My settings were still set on 256k as they always have been.
    I'll give your suggestion a go, are you suggesting 3Mbps upstream and 6Mbps Downstream or the other way around?
    That seems like a huge leap from where they were, but if it works who cares, right?
    Out of curiosity, are they they the minimum speeds you found that worked, or did you just bang in a super high number to see the results?

Thanks again.

14. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

It was somewhat tongue-in-cheek - I’m away from my rig for a week and look forward to the new tracks on my return - and have obviously been spared exposure to any sound issues so far!

I am concerned about 3rd party car sounds in particular though - as that’s pretty much all I ever drive.

15. Lars

Lars Registered

i ve set it to about 2 or 3 upl and 6 dl; someone suggested upload at least 1MB... dont know the official minim. requirements (if there are some at all) , so i just bang them in and they worked for me.

16. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Hi, i need help with sound.
    I can't turn off tyre sounds even though my tyre volume is at 0% in settings.
    what to do ?

Maarten Nauta likes this.
  17. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

I also vote for a q2 track pack

18. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Thanks Lars,

This has fixed the issue.

Cheers, English1977.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

try turning the sound effects in the legacy section down as well. You don't say which car(s) you are using, but only 4 cars have been completely updated, until more do get done, by both S397 and modders, you will hear unbalanced sounds.

20. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

A feedback regarding performance of latest stable build,
    it seems like the loss of "smoothness" in gameplay is still here from RC build. the FPS themselves are nearly same before this major patch.

A question for all ,
    regarding fpro tyre physics changes , do anyone of you think that car got little bit easier to slider around ? more controllable ?
    not a fan of car like fpro getting easier to drive , but since the OP don't make it clear what are the tyre changes i'm not sure ,hence i wanted to hear your opinions.

reposting my issue regarding sounds (car is formula pro) >

the tyre sounds can't be turned off....i don't like to hear when tyre is sliding, locking etc.....please fix this or give me some help, it ruining the fun for me.