5.1 sound don't work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Lol, I did not realize how old the thread was seeing as the latest comment was yesterday.

Lazza likes this.
  2. williang83

williang83 Registered

That's a core functionality and it is well known that 397 does not work on core functionalities (with exception when it is candy eyes related)

3. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

Finally after the latest build, surround sound seems to be correctly implemented in the game. But I'm not able to get 5.1 sound over my amplifier which is connected over spdif to the motherboard soundcard. 5.1 Dolby Digital works fine in video applications.
    Any advice for an alternative config?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You need the game set to Speakers, your speakers correctly configured in windows, and that configuration (5.1 or whatever) then sent to your speakers in whatever way works - discrete analog channels, some sort of encoding that your receiver can decode, whatever.

The game won't do dolby encoding for you.

5. oikworld

oikworld Registered

hello, no game on the computer supports surround sound transmission over spdif! to connect 5.1 surround sound you need to connect with RCA wires to the amplifier, each channel is a separate wire.

6. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Check if your soundcard has some type of DTS Connect or similar who encodes 5.1 over spdif. My Asus P8Z77-V has a Realtek ALC892 and with some drivers from station-drivers.com realtek_hda_8105_dolby I can output DTS interactive through my AV who supports it, configuring it in Advanced Options of sound propierties. I think this is the only possibility over spdif.

7. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

I've a MSI Z390 gaming Edge AC with Realtek ALC1220P. I,ve seen that only older drivers have this feature and is only enabled after patching. But my antivirus deletes automatically the patcher...