BTCC Babeee!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.

A lot of people who complain about the cost still buy it, trust me, I'm one of them :D

Regards.

MikeV710 likes this.
  2. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

With the Infiniti at Brands the tires, even the hard ones, last me 8 or 9 laps ....

ThomasJohansen and PirroC like this.
  3. sampopel

sampopel Registered

Whilst the cost can seem a lot for a couple of cars and tracks, particularly when I bought the full game on sale for less (about £12), the way I see it is many people will think nothing of spend £40+ filling up their real car with petrol, or spending £20+ on a meal out or visit to the cinema, etc. This BTCC content will give me many tens, if not hundreds, of hours play time, so in context, it's good value to me.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tested both cars at Brand Hatch and I honestly like much much more the Toyota front wheel. For me it’s more fun to drive and I’m pretty consistent with it.
    I did 16 laps race with medium tires and was able to drive constantly around 1:31,5-1:32.00
    I even did the best time at 13 laps.., but I found the AI very slow in this track at least in race . After 16 laps the second position was 20 second behind( 106% AI strength).

pkelly likes this.
  5. 006

006 Registered

I tried racing the AI at brands gp and donington national and found them far too slow even on 120%. (Dont know what lap times were but im certainly no alien). Im hoping its a problem on my end with some files ive altered over the years, I havent done anything with AI in a very long time. I quickly tried a couple of GT3 laps at brands and that seemed ok for me.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Me too, although it was MUCH more challenging to drive, and especially take car of it's front tires. But the 'fun' started first time down to the hairpin at Donnington. I carried too much speed and the rear began to swing out. I froze for like a micro second and then FWD invaded my brain. Mashed the throttle and the fronts clawed around the corner and pulled the back end along with them. The joy of front wheel drive. (of course it was sloooowww) :)

RaceNut likes this.
  7. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

That´s how I always look at this exactly!

8. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I sum to the FWD party too, I seem to enjoy them better although the Infiniti Is nice too. So far I have seen a couple of videos were the drivers side tilted the cars off the ground. It hasn't happened to me yet, but sure looks cool haha!

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Seems about right considering you drive like most guys I have seen on youtube so far. IRL they run rather short races, and they really don't slide much at all. I have seen a lot of rF2 simracers happily sliding, wheelspining and locking with these cars. Considering RL racers don't drive like that, then it is about right that you'd either spin quickly by driving like this, or you'd ruin tires quickly.

But I just assume you are abusing tires, maybe you don't. I don't have these cars yet, but most certainly you should look after the tires a lot.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Don’t drive these car as the GT3… if you do then your tires won’t last 7-8 laps.

11. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Just tried them, the Toyota is much more fun than the Infiniti at Donington and Brands hatch. Its more forgiving, though I quite often try to downshift with too high rpm. Is this downshift protection on all cars or just these in particular?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure what you mean by all cars, but: this shift protection is defined inside each vehicle's physics file, so new cars will have it added (as appropriate) and existing cars will not have it at all (unless updated to have it).

So it's not game-wide, and won't affect any cars where it wouldn't make sense to have it - which seems to be a widespread belief/fear.

ThomasJohansen likes this.
  13. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

BTCC at Brandshatch run lap times in real life run 1.30 mintues race lap time from 2021.
    The video I just watch from an online race with the new btcc lap time best was 1.30 worst was 1.34.
    As you will see in the picture after 7 laps the tyre FL 59% FR 81%.
    The real race they do 16 to 17 laps and 3 more if safety car comes out.
    So the cars are doing about the same lap time as in real life but I don't think the tyres can.
    Just my observation I haven't tested myself but I will today.
    Cheers

btcc 7 lap race tyre wear.JPG

mesfigas and PirroC like this.
  14. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Registered

I found this as well.

Did a 24 lap race at Brands Indy, and narrowly qualified on pole.

AI got a slow start and I was able to win by 20 seconds.

Is there a way to increase difficulty for the AI further so I can have a competitive race?

PirroC and davehenrie like this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Less than a second per lap, that is less than an average F1 pace where they pull away by more than a second a lap to escape the DRS and then dial it back to maintain the gap.
    I'm assuming you are using 120%? Easiest solution, dog qualifying and bury yourself mid pack.

16. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Had a blast last night.
    AI at 105% and I'm using almost default setup, with more practice and tuning i could definitely be better, but great fun and that toyota feels great.
    At 10 laps mediums gets to 70%, but still drivable.

pkelly likes this.
  17. 006

006 Registered

I didnt get a chance to do anything against AI last night, but according to a post in the competition forum the 2022 spec cars are slower than 2021, so maybe try selecting 2022 to see if that helps. I dont know what spec AI are using, or if that changes depending on what you pick.

PirroC likes this.
  18. Jordi Farrés

Jordi Farrés Registered

I'm not going to comment on the price, I bought what I really wanted and that's it (I'm halfway through)
    What I am going to comment on is the FFB that both cars have. To put ourselves in a situation, I have the GT3 and the GTE that for me have a spectacular FFB, however, I do not quite understand these BTCC cars with this FFB that they have. I'm not talking about physical, or rear-wheel drive, or front-wheel drive. I'm talking about the feeling behind the wheel, maybe it's a bad configuration of mine, a CSW 2.5, but I notice them strange.
    You too?

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

well the tires are much smaller width than either the GT3 or GTE. You really can't push these tires, especially the FWD car. I'm gonna have to put some time in to see if I can not abuse them. What is the format for BTCC now? 1hr or what?

20. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Registered

Yes 120% AI. My fastest lap was 3 tenths quicker than the next AI. At Brands GP that's still quite a lot.

I have heard you can train the AI by letting them run laps on their own and that's supposed to make them quicker, so maybe i'll give that a go.

I also find the AI braking too heavily in the slow corners so training them may help