[WIP] 70's Formula 1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Jul 26, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

world Champion Denny Hulme? (his Can-Am helmet was rather plain)

vava74 likes this.
  2. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

3. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

I was thinking on this Hero......
    [​IMG]

svictor, tjc, datasting and 2 others like this.
  4. herve

herve Registered

Bruce Mclaren :)

5. herve

herve Registered

The cars are superb but it's a shame that they are not historic we have the same dashboard for all so we do not really feel like changing cars ... and the engine sounds are identical also except for the Ferrari. Otherwise it's great work

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It's a generic low poly that allows customization. I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered to add more sound, he might accept the help.

pascom likes this.
  7. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

we can add different Steering Wheels, I was thinking to add different Dashes also

Lars, Bostrom, atomed and 4 others like this.
  8. herve

herve Registered

yes it would be nice to have different cockpits and instruments so it wouldn't feel like you're always driving the same car :)

9. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

I will not do different Cockpits for all Cars, this is not a historic mod, the Priority was always on the Custom Car, not on a historic Car Set, and for me the Cockpits looks not all the same, there are different Steering Wheels, Cockpit Borders, Windscreens and Mirrors.
    [​IMG]

Lars, Bostrom, Donat and 9 others like this.
  10. atomed

atomed Member

I don´t feel I´m driving the same car, more like I have a Lego set where I mount and dismount different pieces of a puzzle.

11. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

@ChiefWiggum ,
    Love the mod!! There's plenty of historical mods out there for those that like them (I don't), so no issue there. It does seem the engines can still blow up even if I have mechanical failures turned "off". Normally not a big issue but, with the new sound engine of build 1128, I have trouble hearing my own engine above other cars during a race which leads to unintended over-revving and engine failure. Hopefully they'll return the "opponent level" sound parameter but until they do any help would be greatly appreciated. Great job as always, keep up the good work!!

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  12. vava74

vava74 Registered

Legacy settings recommended by @Devin :
    - effects 50%
    - engine 80/100%
    - tyres 60%
    Switch off any Windows effects, RF2 app specific volume at 100%, in game master volume 25 to 50% should be enough to range between “low” to “socks off”.
    Also, someone also said this:
    - change the speaker configuration to headphones (if that is your sound output)
    - leave the HRTF selection on default,
    - and set trackside mode to Immersive.
    Obviously, you may need to tweak the Legacy settings to your liking, but with the above, your own engine will be the main sound you hear, which, I assume, is what is more aligned with reality.

Corti and atomed like this.
  13. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

Thanks! I'll give those settings a try. I run a 5.1 speaker setup and I've been fiddling with the settings but I'll try your combination. It still seemed easier when we had the opponent level setting available

14. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Looks to me like you are just winging it today there Chief!

16. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Fantastic release, Chief! The dashboards don't bother me much at all, as long as we have different steering wheel logos. After all, you shouldn't be admiring the inside of your car while driving, right? :D Much more important to me is that we have correct livery and names - it adds an environmental touch that really projects you back into the 60s. The handling feels right, and the tires slide a little without having that 'grease on glass' feeling that made GPL so uncomfortable.

If we can get engine-specific sounds for all the cars, this mod will be just about perfect. I'd be glad to help; though I haven't done much modding work since rFactor 1, and certainly don't have the necessary samples, I do have a lot of experience editing sounds.

vava74 and Mauro like this.
  17. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

hi Bob, that would be great if you can take a Look on the Sounds, I'm working also on different Cockpits and Dashes.

18. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Gladly - again, not much experience with rF2 - should I install the mod in developer mode and start familiarizing myself with the files/settings, so I can change stuff more readily?

Edit: can't get anything to load in dev mode except for the default car/track so I need more education to try to work with this... :(

Edit 2: Finally sorted out the loading in dev mode, but can't get the car sounds to load unless they're in the MAS file. Obviously the path is messed up - but there are no error messages in the log relating to sound files. Will keep on trying.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  19. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

rF2 just got new sound update and now all mods have bit wrong volume levels on audio. I think 397 has not yet released any info how to mod with this new sound engine, so we need to wait before editing.

20. Donat

Donat Registered

are you referring to 'disappearing' engine sound when there are many effects played at the same time (for example tires and kerbs)?