Released Q2 Update and DLC Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 9, 2022.

1. RoWo

RoWo Member

Force update again. The car version should be 1.43/1.43 now.

2. Dozer

Dozer Registered

Laguna Seca is awesome!! Thank you!!

Eric Rowland likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yup, that fixed things. Unsubscribe with this method and then reload rF2. The new versions will be installed.

4. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Steam. I have received the updates now.

5. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Yeah, the updates are definitely a bit of a dog's breakfast at the moment which seems to be two sets of issues: with the underlying Steam update mechanism being unreliable, and then rF2 having "old" versions referenced.

In my case, I did a Steam verification: when it got to validating, suddenly it found another 568Mb update to download. It did that, I restarted rF2, and it duly installed the 1.43/1.42 files, Problem was, it then left the 1.25/1.24 files. Which meant my "selected" car was still the 1.25 version, not the 1.43. I manually changed that, but the opponents list basically had 2 sets of entries for the two version (i.e. two #10 cars). I then quait rF2, manually went and deleted the Competition System profile from the last IndyCar season, restarted rF2, whence it decided to remove the 1.25/1.24 versions. Though, it still gave an error in that process. Maybe I didn't have to do the manual delete of the CS file, but, that whole process is also borked.

I've got similar issues with multiple versions of Spa, for instance.

6. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

And now its continually trying to re-download the CS mod and of course it can't find the 1.25/1.24 versions. Tried to clean it up with ModMgr as well. No dice.

7. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

If you have a mod, the previous version should persist. If anyone doesn't have it installaed you can upload the rfcmp (you should have it if you have installed the mod in a dedicated server).

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Christopher warned when it was uploaded to steam and it has been updated for a long time, thanks

9. Kaitsu_69

Kaitsu_69 Registered

Shutdown and restart Steam and it downloaded rest of updates for me.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The performance is really poor somehow compared to the previous build, somehow unplayable for me with heavy drops under 60fps

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I’m having the same thing in VR. It’s a fps jump fest. It drops to 60 them up to 80 then Down to 55… unplayable even lowering the graphic setting to medium.

12. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Lower the special effects to low. It seems to be linked to the sparks appearing causing this issue. I have it aswell and it seems to have fixed it but you won't have the sparks though

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Very cool update but i will wait for a sale.

So it cant be just a quick update to the cars the then hey??

I bought the latest Indy car but i dont have a 2022 version and cant find it in the store?

14. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I don't know the difficulty of tuning new sound engine for each car, but don't think its easy one click tho.
    also if u bought indycar ir18 from rf2 store thats the only latest one we have, so paul is talking about it. (most likely).

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Tried it but the Overall performance is even without the sparks worse than with the previous build

16. I was thinking it over, but I think besides complaining following information may help bug fixing.

Multiplayer:
    We were a few players on a multiplayer race near end of training session (the server then jumps straight to race based on training session lap times of drivers) as one of the drivers changed his car and suddenly without any lap time - he appeared on 1st and so was in the grid of the following race (whereas all the other drivers had around 100 seconds gap to him).

Think he should have been last because of missing lap time(s) with the new car.

Sound:
    I am using an USB Speedlink Medusa which has 5.1 sound with dedicated speakers to each ear. While driving the C8.R Corvette (official content) the engine sound was always more to left and the tyre sounds were more to the right.
    I needed to set balance (windows) 5 ticks to right side in order to get the engine sound more or less centered - also the overall sound engine is pretty good (hitting curbs with rear tyre produces a sound at rear etc.).
    Co-driving with a C7 driven by another driver and there were no issues - engine centered, tyre sounds ok ...

Physics:
    I am not sure and could not find exact information on this: does the older official content also benefit from the new engine and brake cooling implementation? On C8.R it felt a lot different than with the previous build.

Replays:
    I noticed that replays from mid of April until today are still available in replays folder but cannot be accessed from rF2 replay ... replays older than mid of April and from today are available.

General:
    What I am always missing is kind of documentation ... e.g. there are HTRF sound options (e.g. irc_1016 or so) which I have no clue about what it does mean (also changing those options from default to the others do not change that much in sound).

Light seems to be improved a lot, also I like the sparks and the particles now much more than before (ok, there were no sparks) and if it comes to performance I do not see any drop.

Beside that ... I will keep driving rF2 ;-)

Regards, Dietmar

Lethal likes this.
  17. Lethal

Lethal Registered

How do I disable the screens?

Attached Files:

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Actually the car is from 2018. But it is listed under INDYCAR. They removed the even older 2012 Dallara IRL car in the process...or moved it...I didn't see it inside the Indycar folder. So INDYCAR/Dallara IR18 & all those cars should be v1.43

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was going to ask if anyone had verified if the Oreca 07 worked, but I just got a 3 file update for that, it's now at version 2.19.

20. Lethal

Lethal Registered

We no longer have workshop access to purchased items!
    Fix it!
    We don't know what has been updated.