Released Indycar IR18 doesn't upshift

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by bastoner97, Apr 17, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What a journey! Glad you found something that worked!

Mikawelll likes this.
  2. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

Thanks. The RC "files" seems to be fragile. So i will be more vigilant now :D

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I almost hate to ask about this since you DO have it working right now....

Just saw something I had not paid attention to. In Steam, when you right click on rFactor2, you get the drop down list that includes the BETA tab,(the only one I've ever bothered with) and below that is another item, CONTROLLER. Clicking on that gives a half dozen or so options in Steam to choose from. One of the options was Xbox controller and another Playstation. If you haven't done this before, take a look at those options and see if choosing an accurate description of your controller might help.
    I think it was @Coutie who tested his Xbox controller and didn't have the same issues users were having. I also remember vaguely, that Xbox 360 controllers were preferred over controllers designed for the Xbox one series X. So the question is: Are you using an Xbox 360 controller or another variant?
    Just another item we'll have to keep track of if/when other users suffer controller problems.

4. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

I use a Xbox Elite 2 for rFactor 2.Thank for the tips and i watched the controller tab. It's set on Xbox controller so that is good.

davehenrie likes this.
  5. Michael Havlena

Michael Havlena Registered

I also confirm that the IR18 does not shift passed first gear when moving. I'm using the latest RC, SC2 sport direct drive wheel. The test version of he car, however, does indeed shift. Can someone confirm that this is indeed a known issue with this latest RC, or should I be reinstalling the RC or something. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Known.

Michael Havlena likes this.
  7. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

It's know bug who comes with the RC. Don't worry about it.

8. Barnesf1

Barnesf1 Registered

My game was updated this morning on steam and now I can't upshift the DallaraIR18 2021. All other paid content that I own does upshift. The DallaraIR18 test car is upshifting but not the 2021 car set.

9. RoWo

RoWo Member

The this afternoon released Build 1128 should fix that. So update again.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I can duplicate that. v1128 on the loading screen. The car does not shift up or down once placed into 1st. This was a problem in the RC, but was fixed there this past week.

11. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

Same here v1128 here and stucked in 1st gear with Fpro "standard".

12. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

Seems to be a Steam update issue . The update to fix that is "in" Steam but we don't have the update yet.

13. Barnesf1

Barnesf1 Registered

I got an update for the DallaraIR18 and my cars still will not upshift. I deleted the DallaraIR18 vehicle folder then did a fresh install and still can't upshift. I hear a beep every time I hit upshift but nothing happens. I can shift to 1st but now I've lost all throttle once in 1st. I can throttle up in neutral but when I shift to 1st the throttle is gone.

I have 2 PCs running rF2 and I get the same results on both with the new update.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  14. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

What is your version of the IR 18 and Fpro ?

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Unsubscribe from the IRL18, the rFPro, & the Oreca 07 using Steam and then restart. The latest versions will download & install and shifting etc will then operate properly.
    unsubscribe and then reboot rF2. That should update the cars to the latest versions and fix the problem.

16. Barnesf1

Barnesf1 Registered

I did as you asked and I still can't upshift and I lose throttle in 1st gear. When you say restart do you mean my PC? I restarted rF2 and it went through the fresh install but the same problem still exist for me.

17. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

What is the version of IR 18 and the FPro ?

18. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Dallara IR18 v1.43
    Formula Pro 1.19

19. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

I was wondering his versions for helping him Coutie :D

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

losing the throttle is something new. Even without being able to shift I was able to rev up to the limit. I wonder if you over-revved and blew your engine?
    But anyhow, the version numbers Coutie posted are the new, correct version numbers. If you have v1128, which is the most recent update.(selected by choosing NONE in the beta tab back at the Steam rF2 properties) When you choose a car, either IR18 will be listed as v1.43 and if you choose the rFPro, that should be v1.19. If you see any other numbers you may be attempting to run a modded car, possibly due to that wonderful 2022 skin set that has been created. So ensure you are using NONE, then ensure your car version number is correct. Then choose one car and load a default S397 track like Portland or Silverstone or any of the DLC tracks. This eliminates as many variables as possible. When I unsubscribed those two cars, there was a relatively slow install once the main menu appeared. Installing each car was more than just a 'blink & you missed it' type of thing.