Released Q2 Update and DLC Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 9, 2022.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers,

Finally, the Q2 update and DLC content drop has been released!

Find out all you need to know on the below link:

https://www.studio-397.com/2022/05/may-update-released-new-content-now-available/

Additional updates:

Formula Pro v1.19
    • Added new sound engine compatibility
    • Added Engine and Brake duct cooling
    • Added shift protection
    • Corrected AI tire wear
    • Added Push to Pass
    • Tire refinements

INDYCAR Dallara 2022 v1.43
    • Added new sound engine compatibility
    • Added engine and Brake duct cooling
    • Added shift protection

Happy racing!!

Infiniti.png

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    Kelju_K, buzz hornet, EricW and 22 others like this.
  2. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

As I feared... Given the item number in the q2 drop the price is quite steep, eventually I'll buy it but it won't be day 1 like Q1 drop.
    Looking forward to enjoy the new laser scanned tracks... The cars are simply nice to have.
    A track pack would has been nice for those that are not that excited by the cars themselves.
    Please add a free track (a not so popular) and car during the q drops so new players can get quality contend also and people get to drive some exotic locations.

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Lol...

When you think about this just remember... in iRacing, for that price, you'll buy 1 car and 1 track and it will not be yours, you'll need to rent what you bought, so if you really are interested in rF2 and quality content you should buy it! ;)

Well done S397, i'll get all this and try the new build when i get home, thanks for your work, keep it coming for the next one ;)

4. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

My Indycar and Formula Pro are not updating at the moment :(.

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think that the labels with only the name of the pilot would be perfect, the name of the team is not important, also with the two names it is excessive

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hmm,... so now that the RC became stable, I was hoping it would work for me, but sadly it doesn't. I can't boot up rf2 anymore. And I can't even sent a trace file, because it doesn't get to create one, as the game simply doesn't start... I click Play and it syncs with the steam cloud and after one or two seconds it shows the play button again in steam.

Am I missing any frameworks or something like that?

7. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

I'm living in a third word country, and the price for the Q2 drop is 15% of a monthly minimal wage in my country and from that perspective is quite expensive... That's why iracing is not that popular here also.
    Eventually will buy the contend when the prices are more rational for my location, given that there's no geographic differentiation for the dlc prices.

8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

hey guys could u expand on what are the tyre refinements on fpro ?

coasting&cruising likes this.
  9. Simulation_Player

don't worry mate, there will be eventual sale on steam in future. so these items might give u even more discount. (added on top of pack discounts).

Mark Lloyd and Rui Santos like this.
  10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Does it produce a minidmp?

Flaux likes this.
  11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey @Alex Sawczuk I have an rFMini.dmp from yesterday, so it didn't generate a new one, I guess?

Also some stuff from the steam logs (not familiar with them so not sure if it helps in any way):

content_log.txt:
    [2022-05-09 15:10:53] Game 365960 adding PID 1840 as a tracked process
    [2022-05-09 15:10:53] AppID 365960 state changed : Fully Installed,App Running,
    [2022-05-09 15:10:56] Game 365960 no longer tracking PID 1840
    [2022-05-09 15:10:56] AppID 365960 state changed : Fully Installed,

sitelicense_log.txt:
    [2022-05-09 14:56:06] Content cache info request: no local site servers

cef_log.txt:
    [0509/145558.768:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(246)] Crash reporting enabled for process: browser
    [0509/145559.101:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(246)] Crash reporting enabled for process: utility
    [0509/145604.375:INFO:CONSOLE(3)] "InternalLoadBroadcastAppData: calling ajaxgetappinfoforcap for appid 365960 failed with Unknown Error: Error: Request failed with status code 404 [object Object]", source: https://steamloopback.host/library.js (3)

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  12. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Absolutely incredible work guys ! I've been hesitating over the past year or so whether to buy new content because of a lack of focus on the core game engine, but I'm absolutely sold on this and have no doubts in your capabilities going forwards. This update is sensational.

Can we expect some information for modders regarding the new sound engine format soon ?

Lars, pkelly, atomed and 1 other person like this.
  13. Havner

Havner Registered

The new sound engine is supposed to be backwards compatible. I've waited for the final release cause I hoped it would get fixed but it didn't.
    While most of the payed content sounds fine, some 3rd party mods sound outrageous while in the cockpit.
    E.g.:
    - Caterham 7 from the workshop
    - T78 payed DTM 1991 cars

What's the official stance on such things? Is this the issue with the patch? Or should those cars be updated? Which would mean that the new engine is not fully backwards compatible.

BorisK66, avenger82, sniper and 3 others like this.
  14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Thank you, I buy, my life is cool, of course I have 35€, for the best sim !

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I understand that Fernando, i live in Portugal, we're not rich either, but that's how business works and rF2 is very "price friendly" comparing with some other scams around. You can buy it when a discount comes, meanwhile you have plenty of quality tracks/cars on steam workshop that you can enjoy also ;)

Cheers!

atomed, FERNANDO CABRERA and memoNo1 like this.
  16. Havner

Havner Registered

Anyway, first patch in a looong while with some worthwhile changes. So kudos!
    Just don't know how I feel about the new sound engine. Cause it's a serious hit and miss for me with various content. While it was RC, fine, but now it got released and I'm not sure it's ready.

17. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It's mostly backwards compatible, but not everything can be perfect, especially with mod vehicles.

pkelly likes this.
  18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Insta buy like always. Thanks guys!

trichens likes this.
  19. Simulation_Player

from RC i got this >>

"the sound engine is a global update, so you should hear improvements immediately, however we will deploy specific updates to cars going forward, in order to fully benefit from the improvements this new engine has introduced. "

so it looks like modders will have to update their content to get proper results.

only 4 cars have properly tuned sounds for this new sound engine iirc, so it could be hit or miss on other content for time being.

pkelly and juanchioooo like this.
  20. Havner

Havner Registered

For me this reads that modders should update if they want to take advantage of new features of the sound engine. Without any update it should sound at least as good as it was before (not worse).

Only 4 cars are tuned to take advantage of the new features. If what you say is true they would have to update most of their cars and having only 4 done at the day of the release would be a serious mistake.

backwards compatible != mostly backwards compatible

They explicitly said in the patch notes "backwards compatible".