BTCC Babeee!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Apr 29, 2022.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

I agree that the "worm" rain is a bit weird looking, hope they give that another look

2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

droplet physics so complex, they go up the windshield when driving reverse
    or cars where in whole areas the shaders are upside down resulting in droplets "flowing" up lol

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He was talking about real life, not rF2.

You could certainly go to town with it hahaha

I've seen some games that look great but are perhaps overdone, but yeah: the small drops that don't move (at normal driving speeds), the slightly bigger ones that slowly move and join and "organically" grow (via more drops joining), warbling their way up or to the side, the occasional blob that slides with speed and resembles the short rF2 "worm", then the gathered water from wipers that is quickly mostly blown away by even moderate airflow. Yeah, it's raining here today so I was watching again.

Doesn't need to be "perfect", but a bit more dynamic would be good.

mantasisg likes this.
  4. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Probably you'll need a NASA pc to run with this graphics plus 20 cars grid in 120 fps, and pray for not having stuttering

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you DO realize that NASA put a man on the moon with a computer that was weaker than a Commodore 64?

ebeninca likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

NASA is still around Dave :p

ebeninca and davehenrie like this.
  7. Stevy

Stevy Registered

AC CSP has really nice rain, but I don't know how physics based or faked it is, and you don't need a NASA pc to run it (even in VR).

ebeninca likes this.
  8. sampopel

sampopel Registered

Am I missing something on Steam? I don't see a pack that contains only the new BTCC content (both cars and both British tracks only). There's the full Q2 pack which also contains Laguna Seca, or a pack that contains both BTCC cars but no tracks, and both British tracks available for purchase as individual items.

If BTCC content is to become a selling point for rFactor2 (it's the only reason I'm revisiting rF2 right now), there should be packs that contain all of the currently available BTCC content but only that content. Otherwise, content packs seem a bit random and lacking focus.

9. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

All three packs are available on my end on Steam. I am In the EU so that might Influence timing drop.

Is today also when the RC goes to the normal branch (none)?

10. sampopel

sampopel Registered

You beat me to it - I just checked Steam again and the Touring Car Pack is now available. Good job!

MikeV710 likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes, I just checked the NONE and it has 256 sounds, and the new UI setup options.

MikeV710 likes this.
  12. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Nice! Thanks Dave, time to pull out the plastic! :D

13. trichens

trichens Registered

upload_2022-5-9_15-31-56.png
    Got this on page 2 of Steam Packs

14. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

15. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

AHAHAHAHHA, you're right, I forgot this important detail !!!

16. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

After a long time of abandoning rF2 after seeing the new improvements and this nice BTCC pack, they made me reopen rF2.

I guess I'll end up buying this pack, but it's difficult for me to buy at this price, looking in the store I was interested in several content packs, but only buying three of them was already close to €100. I understand that you cannot match the prices of kunos since the number of players is less, but I think that a substantial drop in price could increase sales and with this the number of players.

Even the simulator with the best simracing licenses (Racerroom) can purchase all its content for around €50 on Black Friday and the number of players is very similar.

I will pray to see a good price of the packs in the summer sales.:rolleyes:

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They do offer several packs for sale often on Steam. Keep an eye out!

FAlonso likes this.
  18. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

At first sight I thought it was quite expensive, but to think of it, its not expensive, each car cost 5 euro as they have done for some years, the tracks too cost 9 euros which they also have for years (or maybe a euro less for some).
    I will buy the pack in the next few days.

But for newcomers, I can see its a bit steep cost to get the game up to date, my suggestion is that some of the "older" content should be included in the base game or make bigger dealpacks to get up to date.

But then again there are a lot of sales during a year.

How does the new tires feel on the BTCC cars? I have'nt yet got time to buy and try it, and unfortunately cant until the weekend.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    FAlonso likes this.
  19. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

You save 5 bucks, or euros whatever If you buy the full Q2 bundle, which If you think about It, It´s as much of a discount as you could expect and even more for that price without the discount. I guess some of us complain because well If you start adding up you end up spending quite a lot If you just got Into this sim. I am way over the 100€ mark and I just got Into rF2 two months ago. Your new and want the premium stuff because you get what you pay for. But you also have your other sims that also need there updating If you want to fully enjoy those too. There´s no one sim does It all for now so most people have two or three and things get expensive, It´s like having kids!

But seriously, I come from a flight sim background for many years and I don´t even want to mention how much I spent on them, specially due to the transitions over time (32bit to 64bit), and switch of platform (MS FSX to Prepar3D, X-Plane) now on MSFS 2020. Most add-ons In the form of Airports or Airframes are In the 30€ and above price range, then you have utilities like Garmin GPS, EFB´s (Electronic Flight Bags) and flight planners to mention a few. Add to the mix worldwide sceneries, real live weather engines and all this turns out even more then having kids, more like having "dumb" kids! :D

The what they call "study level" aircraft usually cost about 60€ or more, reaching up to 130€ and that´s for one plane only! Yesterday PMDG released there famous 737-700 for MSFS 2020 which will cost me around 70€ today.

If you get Into the arcade train sim world, you have a similar situation. We then have our Online platforms which we already know about, even If you get Into a RaceRoom package, that still goes out of date and you will have to cash out some dinero If you want to stay up to date with the platform.

So, overall I think It´s not that bad, only for those who just got Into rF2 that the pricing can be a bit painful to the pocket. I also agree that for some countries were the economy Is not on par to the rest It can be expensive.

I am new but the tiers feel real good to me. It´s a blast to drive these cars and I see myself doing that a lot, something I didn´t expect when buying the pack TBO.

pkelly likes this.
  20. sg333

sg333 Registered

For every person posting complaining about the cost, there's probably 300 who bought it.

doddynco likes this.