BTCC Babeee!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I don't think store items or packs have the ability to do a season pass like effect?

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Then I wait until the BTCC vehicles are all available.
    Maybe also with the Brit Tracks?
    The BTCC has many tracks and MSG the license.
    All in all, if everything is available, yes I can buy it.
    And wait and see how long MSG can hold up.
    A crappy situation for our favorite sim...

TrigMan59 and turtleCZ like this.
  3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

we have official dtm, m4 class 1. Its free too.
    We already have latest model of indycar....so that is as modern as it gets.
    Regarding modern F1 we got fpro which is roughly based on F1 2022 rules and designed in cfd software....so its shape has real function, along with special goodyear tyres.
    Real modern F1 is nearly impossible, teams will not give you any real data....i don't think anyone would want such licensed F1.
    Old V10 , V8 era might be doable with proper support from team.
    Also 3rd party mods "don't count"
    many people (myself included) prefer official licensed cars....so for me BTCC cars are very unique.

pkelly likes this.
  4. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

If we assume S397 are going to be consistent with their quarterly release policy, then we can assume they will have releases each quarter for the next 3 quarters. There are 5 tracks to add: Thruxton, Oulton, Croft, Knockhill, Snetterton. 3 builds, assume 2 tracks per build. Similar for cars: Focus, Hyundai, BMW 330, Civic plus the Cupra and Astra. Plus whatever they have to do for the 2022 hybrid systems. Realistically 2 more builds should have you with the majority of what the real series does, so why wait? If they do packs with the new content for each build (2 tracks, 2 cars) there should not be any overlap. If you wait until its all done and buy a full BTCC pack, is it going to be any cheaper than the 3 quarterly packs? I would doubt it. All it'll do is make it easier for the latecomers. Buy it now, and enjoy it for what it is. If MSG go tits up before its all finished, at least you will get the fun of using what does get made.

(Actually, they have a much bigger problem with IndyCar. Portland, IMS and Laguna now. But the other tracks they need to scan and build, are very hard: Long Beach, Toronto, St Pete, Nashville, Detroit are all street tracks with lots of unique stuff around the track, thus time consuming to do graphics for and build. Leaves Road America, Mid Ohio, Iowa and Gateway. It'll take many builds to do all this stuff)

5. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

You see, this Is what I am talking about...:)

Knowing PMDG, they will most likely stick to there usual pricing of aprox. 100€. Which has been since the product came out many years ago no matter what platform (FSX, P3D, MSFS).

I think I am going to stay home Monday :D

pkelly likes this.
  6. Simulation_Player

I wonder if there ever be 2022
    content drop pack , containing all the q1,q2,q3 drops.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If they did EVERY SINGLE PERSON who bought any of those Q packs would be screaming DUPLICATION!

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Can we race against the jet around the airfield?

MikeV710 likes this.
  9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

keep the Q# drops... and pack the full series up in a different full pack when complete I reckon.

10. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

IIRC there Is a mod that let´s you drive the airport service vehicles ;) But they sure wont be as fast as what we have In rF2!

davehenrie likes this.
  11. Simulation_Player

i think this final complete package might be priced like q1+q2+q3, so people who bought first 2 Q packs individually would still pay same as complete pack ,after buying q3 pack
    altho this complete pack might have a slight discount , otherwise that pack would cost quite a bit.
    tough choice, i would like to wait.......but at the same time i can't wait to drive new cars.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

After reading complaints from rF2 FWD enthusiasts for it seems like ages, I am keenly interested in the FWD variant to see if any progress has been made in how the feel of FWD is communicated to us. I remember using FWD mods in other sims and having quite enjoyable time. Mashing the throttle to save a spin, mashing the throttle to navigate a corner, mashing the th...well you get it.... :)

memoNo1 likes this.
  13. Simulation_Player

watched some videos of toyota , seems like a car well done. hopefully it can't grip endlessly like old civic btcc lol.
    I think bmw m2 cup might be able to join fight with these btcc cars. (the 350 hp variant ).
    oh there is alpine cup too ! these 4 cars can probably race together.

pkelly likes this.
  14. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

The way MSG/S397 has the add-on shop policy were you first need the money In your Steam wallet and then you are able to buy the selected add-on makes It a bit difficult to do what other studios do with there DLC content, were If you already own something In the DLC bundle, then price Is then subtracted from such bundle.

So say you already had Q1 and Q2 content (each sold as the full Q content), and you wanted to by the full season content that Includes each full Q content drop, then the Q1 and Q2 cost would be substracted from the full season content bundle. In other words, you would only pay for Q3 and Q4. Not all studios do this but some do and I have bought bundles with this system on Steam. It works great because everybody wins, and everybody Is happy.

pkelly, Simulation_Player and PirroC like this.
  15. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

I'm not a graphics guy at all ( I play AMS1 and am happy with those graphics) but at 0:26 looks really neat.

16. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

My apologies, I thought it might be relevant. Sorry about that. I'll delete the postings.

17. PirroC

PirroC Registered

It would be great if these two cars match the pace of ngtc mod.

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

In the right (time/weather) conditions rF2 is absolutely stunning. Then you have people saying 'why doesnt mine look like that' and they are using half baked mods running on potatoes

sman and mantasisg like this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did someone say baked potatoes? Yum!

*Ok, an actual reply to something:

It does, but... and it's good to be in a position with rF2 graphically where this sort of nitpicking can happen, rather than massive omissions... it makes for good screenshots, but those are some tough water droplets on the windshield and windows. Needs to be a lot more dynamic, and not the ugly worm-style lines we're getting at the moment. I think it's one of those things where you drive with it how it is and think "hey, that looks pretty good", then you see another game that does it better and you realise what's wrong with it.

That, and driving at normal highway speeds and seeing how much the water droplets move...

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I also paid attention recently while driving in rain. The windshield droplets simulation is science on its own lol. I noticed that smaller droplets doesn't move as much. Depending on inclination, windshield angle, speed, wind speed, acceleration/deceleration, droplets size, droplets temperature, windshield smoothness and tons of other factors differences could be expected :D

Yes indeed looks really awesome, overall great short video packed with lots of quality detail.

[​IMG]

It looks amazing indeed, exposure appears to be perfect, wet road looks super nice in sunny light, modeling is great. Trees shading in rF2 is really beautiful, and people used to be weirded out about concerns about better looking trees lol Beautiful specular reflection on Infinitis rear window. Spray looks great, except in mirror, but mirror is tough problem for performance.

[​IMG]

This scene also impressed me. Beautiful lighting, and colors. White looks properly bright as white should be. Rimbul is nice :D Track is simple but neat, maybe lacks some shrubs and tall weeds outside.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Owen Pyrah and turtleCZ like this.