[REL] DATSUN BLUEBIRD SSS

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by dazzer, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I get many misshifts with these cars (datsun, toyota ta22, hakosuka etc)

I remember - back in the old days - you did not have to fully press the clutch in order to change gear. @dazzer can you please bring that back or make it optional (through the garage tuning menu)?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You don't have to press the clutch, actually, but you need to lift the throttle.

Mauro likes this.
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Yes but that is not the way those cars are supposed to be driven..Besides i asked for an other thing (optional "old" clutch option in garage tuning menu).

I do not know if this is feasible or not though

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There are limitations to what the game does. So, in this case, it's about throttle lift. For sure you can choose to use a clutch, and I do that too.

There won't be an alternate option, because that lift keeps things (more) even between people using a clutch and those using paddles/sequential, and I prefer to keep things quite simple to encourage use and the fun factor - so no massive setup changes, and no confusion of different upgrades types for performance.

dazzer and Mauro like this.
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I see.

But, can i do this for my personal use? I only use this mod for offline races and not mp.

I mean is it smth that can be done easily (e.g by changing a line in a file?) Or it is more cumbersome?

6. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I understand what you mean, unfortunately the most balanced that can be achieved now, is what we currently use, if we went back to the previous clutch we would have a totally unreal box, this is because as you say in the past was not necessary to depress the clutch fully, now, the reality is that the box on these cars usually fails 50% of the time if you get the gear in with the clutch half depressed, I know because I have one of those "glass" boxes.
    I don't know in terms of improvement if that can be optional, but it wouldn't be the idea either, as it would be unfair to online players.

I know that the transmission model is not very versatile at the moment, but if it is updated later, we will gladly look for a way to improve this parameter.

:D:D

Denis Betty, leseb64, Mauro and 2 others like this.
  7. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Lots of awesome footage on Youtube of guys racing these if anyone is interested.

dazzer likes this.