NEED INFO Release Candidate Stutters

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Coutie, Apr 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

With me it's while turning.

2. AFreak

AFreak Registered

Mostly while turning on large tracks like Nordschleife or Le Mans with some AI (9). With more AI I get more stuttering. MaxVisibleCars=10. Lowering track detail to medium or low did not really help. Driving alone is no problem.

HP Reverb G2 SS 50%
    RTX 3080 TI
    Ryzen 3900X
    32 GB Ram @3600

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Do you assume it could be a coherence with the sparks? The most rough and stuttery image so far i get at Spa with the F1 2022 mod car. This car produces a huge amount of sparks around the complete track.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Can the NV drivers display Vram in VR? I have a 12gb AMD vid card and at 1440p it is using over 8gb of Vram at Nords. I don't have any experience with VR but, if possible, see if you can get something to display the Vram used.... perhaps something like MSI Afterburner...????

5. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

Hello. I had this same issue even on stable release version. I opened a thread about this also. There are stutters inside the frame in the decimal shown next to the frame number. I guess this is even more visible in VR becouse I use headtracking and when these stutters happen it`s really bad. We actually can`t freeze the frame rate to fixed number for ex. 60.0 fps and game to stay that way without fluctoating up or down. In my case I can reach 90fps through the whole race as a minimum but these stutters appear all the time. no matter if it`s official content or mods. I haven`t noticed huge frame drops like some members report becouse i opted for release candidate before installing rf2 and actually did clean install, not update after using stable release. I hope the devs can fix this problem becouse game is really bad with these issues.

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Possibly.

Also to the people who are experiencing stutters, what setting do you have for sound samples?

7. Christof

Christof Registered

Number of effects 64
    Spotter detail low
    Headphones

I had this problem with a release several months ago and managed to fix it then by turning off "Enhanced Audio" in the windows settings. Did not do anything this time though.

8. delapecs

delapecs Registered

In my case it's very obvious (or evident.., i don't want to seem rude with the translation).
    When the sparks are about to be seen and when they are seen, I have stuttering.
    I'm going to try the new rc build.

9. Donat

Donat Registered

Spotter all off, minimum audio. Effects and stuff max. Headphones.

10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

256 effects, spotter off, headphones

11. EricW

EricW Registered

maybe mentioned before and not relevant but..
    turning off Nvidia Gsync cleared stutters for me.

12. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

was running 64, spotter off and headphones..changed to 256 and noticed no difference with the stuttering

13. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I had stutters sone time ago and I realized I had vsync set on software
    Switched to video and issue was gone
    And it was really micro stutters not tearing so maybe people here can check influence of this setting

sorry I am away from home all week so can’t test myself

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  14. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Whatever would be the default setting after switching from base to release candidate. I didn't think to change it. Previously I had increased it to 256, but then I switched back to the base release.

15. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

One of the first things I checked as this happened to me before

16. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.

I keep getting a bad stutter when I ride a curb. Well, the first larger-than-small curb I hit with speed.
    After that I get no more stuttering, even on the same curbs, for as many laps as I do.

Regards.

17. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

So we have to assume it didn’t work

i think it would be helpful if people were listing their PC spec here

cpu
    GPU model and drivers
    Ram
    Monitor with resolution and refresh rate

i mean helping the devs to narrow down a user pattern assuming there is one to be identified and it’s not an issue across the board obviously

18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Maybe it would also be better to test, if going back to the non-RC solves the issues (as on my side)

Christof and Lazza like this.
  19. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

On my end it does, completely smooth with non RC

20. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Maybe not strictly the stuttering feedback that was requested, but not forgetting that in VR, the car setup selection screen *still* stutters and makes accurate mouse navigation a trial. For some reason, it’s fine on the mirrored monitors but lousy in VR (Rift CV1).

Also (possibly by design - but it’s still a form of stuttering), the background animation that is just visible behind menus (I.e. the various cars driving around tracks) pauses when the mouse is stationary and generally only ‘plays’ while the mouse is being moved - a bit like using a ‘cue dial’ to wind through video frame by frame for editing…

I can live with the latter but not the former - but wonder if the latter drives the former!;)

darkojovanoski1986 and Hazi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.