GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

I will try to configure my real connection in that section.
    In the past (really a long time ago, surely since rF1), this speed had to be configured for half of your server possibilities, since a high speed could cause lag in users with a bad connection by increasing the data volume per pilot (according to I had understood) and a very low configuration could produce inaccuracy in the cars on track by the server precisely the opposite (little data managed).

But my question is: What does the speed of my server have to do with GetMod?

As far as I understand, GetMod Manager manages the links for GetMod to work, taking clients downloads directly from DropBox.
    So what influences my server connection?

2. Stringbean781

Stringbean781 Registered

@Noel Hibbard

I have downloaded your GetMod Manager and it all went smoothly. So excited to get my server up and race with friends. The issue is I cant get it to load files because each time I select my rfactor 2 directory, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2" It takes a few minutes to load, then nothing shows up and the directory window at bottom right is empty. Any knowledge of this or how to fix it??

3. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Getmod down again?

4. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I don't know is this still working or nah but I have problem with setting working directory
    it always reset to blank or saying "wrong datapath"
    after trying the correct folder which isn't working I tried every folder on my hosting PC correlated with rF2 and result was the same, lol

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  5. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Wait - we do have 2021 and still have to use tools created 6 years ago?

By when will managing mods get fixed in game? The current solution in the newUI isn't helping at all by giving the information that content is missing. At least a list of what content which needs to be installed would be expected.

6. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

Same problem for me

7. Pelukas

Pelukas Registered

y para mi

8. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

I think GetMod is down again....

9. ELafrance

ELafrance Registered

Is this functionality now broken? GetModMgr keeps crashing but:

I tried to edit the .mft manually with the URL pointing to my webserver, confirmed URL in ModMgr, created the .rfmod but clients still download from rFactor 2 server and I see no request in my webserver's access logs?!?

10. ELafrance

ELafrance Registered

Got it, you need to remove mods from packages directory to trigger server to use links

Thanks Noel for GetModMgr and hosting your redirect DB, great work!