Gen 3 Formula E car revealed.

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by atomed, May 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. atomed

atomed Member

They look gorgeous and promise even more intense wheel to wheel.racing.

MikeV710 and FORMULAEFAN71 like this.
  2. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Hope they bring the gen 3 to rF2. Been thinking of getting the Fe pack for awhile, Monaco has to be a lot of fun with these cars. Just don´t know If I could get used to no gear shift.

atomed likes this.
  3. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

The combo FE - Berlin is great!

Pretty sure you'll get used to no gear shift within a lap :D

MikeV710 and atomed like this.
  4. atomed

atomed Member

@MikeV710 just keep in mind that the Monaco Formula E and the F1 tracks are two different things:

MikeV710 likes this.
  5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Boring electric cars, boring tracks.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It does seem great to me. It is right design in my mind. And I bet it will be more fun to drive, while also probably being more challenging.

I wish they reach level soon, when they could take on full race distance comparable to F1, and include more full scale real race tracks with proper straights to reach top speeds.

One thing which is very exciting and also doubtful to me, is this car becoming 4wd. I understand front engine will only use regenerated energy, but it means it will be properly 4wd on most turns exits. It will be interesting to see how front engines will be fading out, resulting in car acting more like RWD, it will be driving experience like no other. One thing I never liked about 4WD cars, is when they have a lot of power biased to the front. I think ideal is no more than 30% at the rear, if this car will have up to 41% at front, it is a bit much I think, at this point it will start to drive quite a bit like 4WD car, it will be interesting to see it around the hairpins :D

MikeV710 and atomed like this.
  7. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Thanks for your reply´s / thoughts...
    It´s not some much due to the driving of a eCar I would have Issues with. It has to do with references, as In "x" gear for "x" turn/curve etc that you make yourself mentally, you also reduce speed among other things via downshift. But as everything In life, If you stick with It, you get good at It.

Yes I though so @atomed that this version of Monaco would be different, maybe It´s even better, and scanned, has more night lights etc. Thanks for the Info though, the video looks nice. But shouldn´t S397 do something about the HUD info? It should not be the same as the info for a gas car I would think.

With regards to electric cars, for me It´s still about racing, and the tactics used here are way different and something new to explore. It´s not like this Is not real or Sci-Fi, this actually exists. If we look at how everything Is going and evolving lately, black gold Is really going to be gold and rare! That´s the end goal for all those hot heads I am afraid. Makes no sense though residue wise, resources etc, and dangerous as well...

Will see, they (S397) only sell the full pack now, so It´s either that or bust :D

8. atomed

atomed Member

Emery, Ricardo Diz and MikeV710 like this.
  9. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

10. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Is any of the Info on the actual drive wheel? I really don´t like the Idea of having to manually switch HUD´s every time I wan to use a eCar. Yeah I know but...

It shouldn´t be that way IMO.

atomed likes this.
  11. lagg

lagg Registered

They used that layout in the past. Nowadays they use the GP Layout.

atomed likes this.
  12. atomed

atomed Member

Yes, but when you buy the track you could mix the layouts.

MikeV710 likes this.
  13. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

The thing about formula e cars, is that racing with them is a lot about managing the balance between pace and energy management. This is where looking at data and performance curves is nice, so that one can plan strategies throughout a race.

(Even if you also have to manage tires and fuel with ICE cars, it doesn’t have as much impact.)

atomed and MikeV710 like this.