AI Fuel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Tobin, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Mike Tobin

Mike Tobin Registered

Ok just want to say I am loving this sim of late, its really coming on but whenever I do a race against the ai they don't seem to use the same amount of fuel as me! They come in for their stop usually 2 or 3 laps before I have to and they dont seem to fill up as much as me either so I seem to always have an unfair advantage near the end of the race by not having to pit as much as them. I have tried starting with less fuel and not filling up the tank to the full at my stop but it doesn't seem to help. Is anyone having the same issue or is there an easy fix? I could turn off the fuel I know but that takes the fun away from a long race.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rfactor 2 log analyzer will let you look at the results of races and you can see how much fuel the AI cars use &, tire wear. (among a whole slew of other data points) You can then hopefully craft your strategy to match the AI. Remember though, even with the April Release Candidate, they have A LOT more work to do in the AI arenas, hopefully many more fixes will come down the pipline this next year.
    Also remember, 3rd party cars & tracks may not always match S397 products so getting everything equal all the time can be...tricky!

3. Mike Tobin

Mike Tobin Registered

Thanks for this dave, ill give it a go, hope its not too complicated, I usually use gt3, gte and the orecas so mostly official content with the odd modded track. Rfactor 2 for me has by far the best ai in all the sims I own ( ACC, raceroom, AC, AMS 1+2) only ams 1 comes close. Its just a couple of niggly things with it that frustrate me like the fuel and the way they only use the hard tyres although I think they are working in that from what I read!

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes, with the release candidate, the hard tire issues are gone. Still more to do though.

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest