NEED INFO Release Candidate Stutters

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Coutie, Apr 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone, we've been seeing reports about people having stutters in the release candidate, and it would be very helpful if you could use this thread to post what was happening when it occurred. For example, there could be a lot of driver labels on screen, lot's of dust, etc. Thanks in advance.

2. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Running mod cars on Matsusaka and was just getting random stutters and the framerate was all over the place. This happened after the update to the new RC. Before this I would get an occasional stutter, no big deal as my framerate was always at 116 (3090 and I think a 10 or 11 something Intel, 49in superwide 1440).

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary happening to cause it. Even tried lowering some settings (always run ultra without issue) but no difference. Tried the FPro on Spa to see if it might be a mod issue and it was much better but still there.

Mydriaz likes this.
  3. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

I have some performance lose in RC in Main UI, the after entering the game, public version can immediately using functions, but RC will have some blank texts and when I select singleplayer there's nothing in it (series, cars, tracks), and need to wait it loaded.
    Second thing is, from last year's version, I have massive stutter on replay when the UI pops (in monitor or full screen with any UI bars), but others seems haven't this problem, I use max framerate locked at 158 in player.json and a G-Sync monitor to do the vsync, and my card is RTX3080 with newest driver. Last time the replay stutter solved but this time it's only when UI is there.. I try to use no FPS cap but seems nothing changed.
    And for the main question, I haven't experience too much stutter when driving, but seems a little performance loss too, I don't know am I off-topic, sorry.

4. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Release Candidate stopped working for me on the last milestone update.
    I've poked around at the usual suspects but haven't had much free time over the last few months.
    Tried updating to the RC a few minutes ago and it failed to "ignite".
    Can't find any log files.

5. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

I opted out if the RC and things were smooth as could be again. Went back to the RC and stuttering returned. Seems to happen mostly while in turns (is that a sync thing?)

6. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Hey guys !
    I made a video comparing the performance of Release vs Public builds.
    The differences and drops in FPS , is also reflected in VR

Narrowbackwing, bishop, Magus and 4 others like this.
  7. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Same here - it`s not only fps but a general more stuttery feeling in VR here. Using 3080.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

John, take a look at your anti-virus, several of the scanners have reported a Trojan program and stop things from loading. Only a few of the scanners have done this so far, and we won't hear anything from S397 til after the weekend.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I tested the new ASMG F1 mod vs the FormulaPro vs Indycar, all in the RC at 1440p. I was mainly looking at FPS to begin with, 21 AI at Silverstone GP and rain in the 1st practice session. The mod had the lowest fps around an average of 137, FPro was mid 145fps and IR18 slightly higher at 151fps. I have an AMD videocard(MSI 6700XT) and it doesn't seem as prone to jitters. That may be due to the Freesync which, from what I've read, it a little smoother than NV Gsync version.
    I am a little concerned about comparing the RC Test cars to the vanilla cars in the normal install, swapping between the two candidates might show a difference in fps but is it due to all the new features in the test cars or something about the v1128 RC itself? The F1 mod may produce the most consistent results due to the exact same car in each version.
    And just to reinforce other user's findings. The alternate neutral (pulling both shift levers together) does seem to operate erratically in the RC. Prior to this version, double pull ALWAYS selected neutral.(when you had assigned neutral to a key but not assigned any other gear to a key or button)
    Edit
    and now just finished 3 short sessions with the cars in the normal install. Fps for the ASMG F1 2022 mod was about the same for both the Release Candidate & the Standard install. rFPro had slightly higher fps, but not a lot, in the standard install. The IR18 however, had a large jump by almost 25% when comparing the RC to the Standard (V.1126) I tried to keep the conditions close to identical, but the amount of rain did vary in each session so that could figure somewhat into the numbers.
    My impression is that I did not notice an increased jerkyness when using the release candidate, just a slightly lower average framerate when using the RC.
    I did not use either of the Test cars when testing v1126.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  10. Donat

Donat Registered

I raced something like 55 AI drivers around Nurburgring Endurance Series layout on both stable and RC. There were GT3 cars, Porsche cup, BMW M2 cup and Tommy78's WTCR mod. I ran mostly high-max settings, except the track that was at medium, it was dry btw, no rain. I believe I had 32 visible cars. Everything went smooth on stable, pretty good framerate, no stutters, nothing to complain about really. But when I switched to RC stutters started appearing and framrate dropped a bit, on the limit of playability, but stutters were appearing every 5-10 seconds and it got really annoying. I also think UI is a bit slower with RC, but no big difference. Everything else I've driven on RC went smoothly, even with rain. Seems like RC starts to fall apart for me only in these sort of extreme conditions (55 AI, Nurburgring).

11. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Maybe the reverb is eating more CPU power, in case the CPU needs more power at sections of a track. It's maybe an option to automatically lower the Decay time on reverb. For example in my music studio I get stutter from FX processing on the WME driver. Therefore all audio is now over ASIO driver which is made for this purpose. Because most people are on WME the audio buffer is maybe at cause, 128,256,512 latency and higher up can overcome this. More buffer is more latency on audio effects, so the golden setting here might help. If the stutter is from new GPU code, what I wrote is not valid. I did not have issues so far on RC aside of using it in moddev and getting (not mod related) errors. The safetycar and some road fx from the root are not in mono.

12. Christof

Christof Registered

For me on a 1060, the RC gives me strange cornering as if vsync is not working. Furthermore there is this stutter every second while my FPS is apaerantly good and the GPU is at 80%. I'm running most things at medium and low.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They fixed those in the last update.

14. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

With the original April RC, I was getting stuttering after adding 19 or 20 AI but none when I was by myself. I was also getting crashes when exiting (both track and game at different times). But I wasn't using an official car or track and I had to go back to the regular release for some league racing.

Today I had a chance to check the latest RC and first drove the regular Oreca 07 (default setup) on Daytona Road Course to get a baseline. No stuttering. Then I added 19 AI and again no stuttering with an avg of around 93 fps.

Then I switched to the RC and selected Play from the Steam client to bring up the video settings dialog and selected my video card (instead of Auto) and made sure my other settings were OK. I then exited that and ran rF2 and selected the Test Oreca 07 and Daytona again.Went out on track and got 9 fps. I knew that it must be running on the onboard graphics instead of my Nvidia 2080S, so exited the race and then exited the game and got a hard lock up (num lock light stuck on).

Hard reset the PC and went through the same procedure to select video settings and get back into the game and on track and everything was fine, min 90 fps in the garage and 141 max on track. But there was definitely stuttering especially on the banking. That was also where there was a lot of sparking which it does with the Oreca with default setup.

Logs attached.

Attached Files:

• Log.zip
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
  15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

FPS are fine here. Nothinged big changed with the RC. But the overall picture is more rough and stuttery than before. I got 120 fps on my 165 Hz monitor with activated freesync. Feels like runing 50 fps on at 60 Hz monitor. Going back to the non-RC brings back the smoothness

16. vava74

vava74 Registered

A very recent Windows10 update - ie. one classified as Optional - has been reported as being a complete disaster in VR (Bart called it a slide show), so check that possible cause too as the RC could be incompatible - for the usual unknown rF2 reasons - with that update (in case you installed it).

17. Coutie

Do you know the number? Maybe @Bart S ?

18. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

In my case, I am on 11 and it started after the small update to the RC. Hopefully this solves the problem for some :)

19. Coutie

Would you say you notice the stutters while going over bumps? Large bumps more specifically.

20. Christof

Christof Registered

In my case bumps and hits kind of result in the feeling that vsync is not properly working, apart from that though there is a stutter with a second interval which is not related to bumps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.