Released Released | Formula Pro

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

KERS in F1 didn't rely on regen.

*I'll say that more clearly: the 60kW limit didn't seem to pose any issues in generating and storing per lap. Not surprising given the speeds involved. So very rarely unavailable, I'd be comfortable having it available each lap in a sim.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    Simulation_Player likes this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

haunetal1990 likes this.
  3. halfwit

halfwit Registered

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

5. halfwit

halfwit Registered

Beginning to think this is a track optimisation issue not the cars.Solved this corner and general tearing by capping my adaptive g sync 144hz monitor to 120fps rather than my normal 141fps after seeing this on another forum, now smooth as butter.It was tearing at the higher fps but not anymore.
    Odd but it works for me.

6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

only Formula pro gives a freeze, so I guess it's the issue. And the Formula pro has -25fps compared to the Indy car, which is newer.
    With race or private practice OFF, I have not this freeze.

edit : with the new Ligier JS p320 I have a freeze too, always with private practice ON, with OFF I have no freeze
    20220331133524_1.jpg

edit 2 : with Private practice OFF, AI 0, I have no freeze, with private practice ON I have a freeze, finally the issue is not the Formula cars, but the Private practice ON option, I don't know why...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  7. babu76

babu76 Registered

Hi all, driving this mod after this big update i only have first gear, neutral and reverse....
    There's a solution?

Edit: i find the TEST vehicles folder....

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    Balazs Magyar, atomed and davehenrie like this.
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Cars in the test vehicle folder are meant for the new release candidate. I tried the rfpro a couple of days ago, no issues so far.

9. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Ok, Thank you for your answer, I think I have to do more laps ;)

10. Comante

Comante Registered

Will Formula pro receive porpoising effect? This car is built upon the current F1 rules.. and all F1 suffer from it.. so..
    What ? nobody want it? What can go wrong! :D

pkelly, Balazs Magyar and atomed like this.
  11. atomed

atomed Member

Lol, it´s on the wishlist of all the sims right now. In the meantime you can ask someone to hit you with a spoon in the head while on the straights.

delapecs and pkelly like this.
  12. Comante

Comante Registered

Lol, a big spoon indeed, but jokes aside, it would mean a lot if the effect could make it in a simulation as it apparently skipped under the carpet of all the engineers and their professional simulations (LOL). I don't think that at the moment the aero undertray of a RF2 car can stall, but it should (experience teach us) if it is designed in a certain way or under certain circumstances. It would be probably cool to make setups considering another variable, or driving a car that can be tricky in certain moments.

Simulation_Player and atomed like this.
  13. atomed

atomed Member

Totally, huge win for the simulation if it could get replicated, and even more if it could be solved, or at least mitigated by setup changes.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The rF2 diffuser can stall, so you could sort of try to replicate it. Without playing with figures directly, I think you could probably make its downforce increase quite substantially as its height approaches zero, then stall it. I don't know if there's any sort of reattachment time though.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  15. doddynco

doddynco Registered

The main settings for underfoor inpsired bouncing seem to be present - that is the stalling, the exponential ground effect in relation to distance, and the diffuser Z offset (center of pressure movement with rideheight). The front wings sensitivity to ground proximity, angle and movement would also be part of the process.

Experimenting with some aggresive diffuser properties (and turning the suspension dampening right down), could possibly show porpoising in RF2. In Formula One, I see the issue of the engineers is not that 'simulators can't do purposing', but more that you can't get useful or accurate info from the simulators about porposing due to the chaotic nature of the process.

(From the skip barber)

[DIFFUSER]
    DiffuserForceDistrib=(0.5:front_subbody:(0,0,-0.4),0.5:rear_subbody:(0,0,0.4))
    DiffuserBasePlus=(-0.15, 0.01, 0.7, 1.9) // Base lift, and Half,1st,2nd order with rear ride height
    DiffuserFrontHeightPlus=(0.0, 0.2, 0.0, 0.1) // Half,1st,2nd order with front ride height, and max height
    DiffuserRake=( -0.000,-0.45, 2.0) // Optimum rake (rear - front ride height), 1st order with current difference from opt, 2nd order
    DiffuserLimits=(0.02, 0.11, 0.07) // Min ride height before stalling begins (0.0=disabled), max rear ride height for computations, max rake difference for computations
    DiffuserStall=(0.10, 0.50) // Function to compute stall ride height (0.0=minimum, 1.0=average), downforce lost when bottoming out (0.0=none, 1.0=complete stall)
    DiffuserDraftLiftMult=1.02 // Effect of draft on diffuser's lift response
    DiffuserSideways=(0.355) // Dropoff with yaw (0.0 = none, 1.0 = max)
    DiffuserPeakYaw=(1.00, 1.001) // Angle of peak, multiplier at peak
    DiffuserCenter=(0.0, 0.00,-1.15) // Center of diffuser forces (offset from center of rear axle at ref plane)
    DiffuserOffsetZ=(0.000,-0.000) // Rearward diffuser pressure movement with increase in ride height, and rake

atomed and Simulation_Player like this.
  16. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Improvements to aero physics is what i live for, modern race cars rely heavily on aero , hence their setup is much more tricky to get right.
    porpoising might make damper setup even more useful.

17. Comante

Comante Registered

Thank you all for all the insights!

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think the bulk of users might treat Porpoising like flat spots. We beg for realism but cry when it gets too real.

Bill Worrel and atomed like this.
  19. lagg

lagg Registered

To simulate the porpoising effect would be good, but without a hybrid system the Formula Pro will never simulate a current F1.

20. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Do the simulators that are used by the manufactures to train there pilots have the hybrid/propoising system? Be it rFactor Pro or what what ever other simulator they use? That´s the real question...

Sometimes some forget that simulators are used to train, which doesn´t always mean the simulation of real life mechanics in all there glory.

Last edited: May 1, 2022