Spotlight On... The Corvette C8.R GTE

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers,

A new feature series here in rFactor 2 land breaks cover, as we begin the process of looking into some of the cars and tracks that form our content offerings here in the simulation.

In this first post, we take a look at the wonderful Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE, link below:

https://www.studio-397.com/2022/04/spotlight-on-the-corvette-c8-r-gte/

Enjoy!

Corvette C8R Midday (2).png

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

good idea, i was looking for base technical specifications (no bop) anyways.
    Although here the bhp seems bit low , this car can probably hit 550-600 hp without bop.
    Also it would be even better if you guys could get into even more technical stuff....draw a fine line between NDA and proper technical information.

for example, if you are describing aero behaviour. obviously you can't show actual values but you can sort of describe its behaviour, shape properties etc in a vague way etc.
    similarly a setup philosophy for given car, like what teams and manufacturers generally prefers (like some cars like proper negative camber even at rear like lamborghini gt3 , porsche gt3r.
    some cars can do away in less range of -2.0 to -3.0 at max , front engine cars typically).

some cars are high rake , some are balanced....while some cars like ferrari 488 gt3 comes with slightly negative rake as factory setup.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    atomed likes this.
  3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Lest everyone forget, the C8.R also competed in the WEC. Specifically it did the Lone Star LeMans at COTA in Feb 2020, where it was the slowest of the GTEPro cars by about 2 seconds, and finished 2 laps behind the lead GTEPro car. It also placed second and sixth in the 2021 LM 24 hrs (having not been in the 2020 version) in its debut. They are doing a full WEC season in 2022. They have also modified the car to appear in GTDPro in IMSA, though in my opinion, it shouldn't have been allowed to race as it is not a homologated GT3 car like all the others.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The WEC car at COTA was severely BOP de-tuned. At Le Mans, they were closer but still down some. The IMSA Vette won the majority of it's GTE races. They are Corvette, do they NEED homologation? ;)

Eric Rowland likes this.
  5. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Unfortunately it does seem to be a trend with S397 that they release something new then forget to fix the issues that are reported. The Corvette has the lap time display issue, the IR-18 has confusing anti-roll bar adjustments and push 2 pass on the oval config and one of the liveries for the Tatuus MSV F3-020 2020 has a misalignment of its region map which means it looks weird as the materials don't matchup. They are just the issues that I can think of now, all of which should be simple to fix. I almost forget, there is also the issue of the rolling Mercedes GT3 when driven by the AI.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Since this IS the Corvette Deep Dive, dare I mention the bass-ackwards American flag on the passenger (right) side of the Vette?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  7. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

8. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

davehenrie likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Love Guitars n Cars @Balazs Magyar I don't know whether you're misunderstanding Dave, or I'm misunderstanding you, but he's saying the flag should be reversed on the right hand side, but isn't. (reversed in terms of 'in comparison to how it's usually hung on walls or depicted on pages', since there apparently isn't a forward/backward to it)

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  10. lagg

lagg Registered

This is the same car in rF2, where we can see the flag reversed.
    [​IMG]

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We have to come up with new nomenclature, because all this saying 'reversed' isn't helping to clarify things at all :p

davehenrie, mantasisg and lagg like this.
  12. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Actually the story with the flag is that we had it the right way (like in the photo posted earlier) and when we submitted the car for approval... guess what, this got flagged (pun intended) and we had to reverse it! Either way this is no showstopper and I'm sure you can make your own livery (reversing it again) if it bothers you.

GeraArg, turtleCZ, lagg and 6 others like this.
  13. Johnnie59

Johnnie59 Registered

Actually the direction displayed is correct. I thought the same thing as you all many,many years ago. The flag on a vehicle should be displayed as if the flag was mounted on a pole. As you're flying done the road and the flag in wind, thats exactly what it would look like, stars right.
    Veteran 1983-87, 82nd Airborne

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes it IS correct in the photo of the real car, but as Marcel pointed out, the (I'm assuming LAWYERS) forced them to place the flag in the static orientation.