Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

The ESC key issue on Oculus headsets was already reported, so I've upvoted and commented on it to give it some strength.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Never mind

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I use an 8kx and have no problems at all with it. Not sure there is/was an acknowledged problem to fix except maybe improper FW and Pitool versions. My Pitool version is 1.0.1.270 (275 is available but since I'm having no issues I'll stick to 270). My FW is 2.1.255.298.

I have "Compatible with parallel projections" unchecked. I think that can cause double vision if not set properly. Of course you need to donk around with SteamVR SS to balance your performance vs graphic sharpness.

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

parallel projection is enabled in the playerjson . v1.0.1.275
    the firmware V2.1.255.273 and no problem

5. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Registered

Has anyone tried a 5800x3d yet? Been looking around Google but haven't found anything for rFactor 2 with a 5800x3d. I did find some benches of ACC with a 5800x3d

6. vava74

vava74 Registered

Bought one, arrived yesterday. Might try it later.
    But I am very lazy to do benchmarks, although in this case I should as the differential from my current 5800X should be small.
    This caught my attention yesterday: https://wccftech.com/msi-agesa-1-2-...s-amd-ryzen-7-5800x3d-bclk-overclock-support/
    So I might wait for the new BIOS to come out, before getting the 3D on my system.

7. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Registered

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

8. JParra

JParra Registered

I have a problem that has come up before and I have been able to minimize, but this time there is no way to get to an acceptable point.

What should I disable if in a circuit (ASR Bahrain) there are certain areas where the visual fluidity drops drastically even with the GPU at 50% and the CPU at 45%?

I've tried turning everything off and putting Low on all settings, when on other tracks I can go with medium or high settings.

I have noticed that this is when the circuit lights appear on the screen and it is much more drastic at night when they turn on.

Honestly, I love night racing in rF2 and I'm doing pretty well in my league, but I'm afraid I'll have to give up this race before I get seasick to a critical point.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This is a common issues of almost all third party tracks in rfactor2. With my Reverb G2 I can run a smooth 90fps in almost all official contents while with third party circuits it’s impossible. Even if you reduce the graphics settings to low and lower the SS you will have low fps. Lately I decided to run only official tracks .

10. JParra

JParra Registered

The problem is that I'm in a league where I don't decide the circuits and it's the 6th race out of 10 and I'm well placed in the general classification, so I'd like to run this race anyway to minimize damage.

11. JParra

JParra Registered

[​IMG]

The problem is that I don't understand what I need to improve to avoid those FPS drops

12. Comante

Comante Registered

Somewhere (I think) in player.json there is a thing that sound like "maximum visible lights" or a similar name, it is especially important at nights because it control headlights and (I think) track streetlights.

13. JParra

JParra Registered

I found this

"Max Headlights":4,
    "Max Headlights#":"Max headlights visible relative to your car.",

"Headlights On Cars":true,
    "Headlights On Cars#":"Headlights illuminate other cars.",

But I think this is for car lights, not road lights. It's possible?

14. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

This is not an official track either!

15. Comante

Comante Registered

It's this "Max Headlights" but if you have already 4, you already reduced it.

16. elbo

elbo Registered

17. JParra

JParra Registered

It's funny, but I was thinking of doing the opposite, skipping SteamVR and running it directly on Oculus to save that 20% that SteamVR consumes for nothing.

In fact, I already did some tests with the Jabbah Mod but with the problem that the ESC key cannot be used and that I cannot combine it with FSR/NIS Mod which gives me more or less the same extra performance, I decided to leave it for a while until make it finer and more complete.

Tonight I will do all the possible tests and I will go down SS until I see that it is reasonable, that I do not get sick in VR but that I can distinguish the cars around me and tomorrow night, after the race, I will try to forget that version of the circuit to forever.

Thank you all very much for your collaboration.

18. lagg

lagg Registered

@JParra that circuit has big problems of optimization.
    Have you tried to reduce the details and textures to the minimum? Just to see what happens.

19. elbo

elbo Registered

@JParra Jabbah's latest version has corrected the escape crash bug.

JParra likes this.
  20. JParra

JParra Registered

Yes, of course, it is my first action against a circuit with performance problems.

It is the usual, the strength and weakness of rFactor, the Mods. One day you are with 20 cars and the settings are High, and the next day you are praying to be able to finish a race with everything to a minimum.

Tonight I will try more things from the player.json, from the SS, from the Nvidia panel, from the NIS or FSR Mod... and we will see.

Gilles Benoit and lagg like this.