Release candidate V1.1128 | CTD shortly after starting session

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Raymond van Soest, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Raymond van Soest

Raymond van Soest Registered

Hi all,

I really wanted to try out the new release candidate, but have an issue with it right now. Within a minute after starting the session, rFactor just closes down without any errors or notice. There are a few things I've tried already:
    • Switching back and forth between stable version and release candidate. Stable version works anytime, while release candidate has the issue stated above.
    • Clearing Shaders and Cbash folders.
    • Trying out different combinations of tracks and cars, official ones and mods. This doesn't seem to matter, the issue always occurs.
    • Deleting the player.JSON file so a new one would be generated. This also doesn't have any effect.
    • Verifying integrity of files while using release candidate, also without any positive results.
    I'm a bit lost right now, does anyone have the same issue or does any one have any ideas how to solve this? I have attached a few trace files for information. My System is below, and I'm using WMR virtual reality:
    • Operating System
      Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      CPU
      AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
      RAM
      16,0GB Dual-Channel Corsair DDR4-2132 (1066 MHz)@ 1499MHz (16-17-17-35)
      Motherboard
      ASRock B450 Pro4 (AM4)
      Graphics
      8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (ASRock)
      Storage
      931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA )
      931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (Unknown (SSD))

Attached Files:

2. Raymond van Soest

Uploaded files requested by @Coutie.

Attached Files:

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does it do this in pancake mode?

4. Raymond van Soest

Just tested it, it does exactly the same with VR disabled.

5. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

Just trying RF2 for a while and i had exactly the same CTD problem. 5900x with a 3080.

6. Frankalexandre

Are devs aware on this problem? Only happens with the release candidate, all is fine with stable build.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What cars were you using in the RC? For the purpose of this beta, ONLY the 3 cars in the TEST folder are fully operational, and only the Oreca 07 in the test folder has a full sound implementation. Any other cars in the RC may be prone to innumerable issues as they haven't yet been updated to fully work with v.1128. So try any one of the three cars in the TEST folder to see if the problem persists.
    I would also assume racing against the AI won't work as the non-TEST rFPro vehicles will be added to your session. ONLY DRIVE the one car in a solo practice type enviroment. When the rest of the rFPros are updated, then you can use the RC for racing. Until then, ONLY use the normal rFPRos in the normal NONE install.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  8. Raymond van Soest

Thanks for the suggestions. I was already using the TEST Formula Pro. I now tested a session of the TEST Oreca without any AI, but still the same problem occurs unfortunatly.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

well this is getting frustrating. @Coutie ?

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think what you're saying here is true. Have you seen a dev say this?

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

no, the devs have been rather silent, but trying to eliminate other peoples issues 'usually' ended up with only using the Test cars in solo sessions. Plus, I did use the word assume! I would be pleased to experience otherwise. This has been a very quixotic RC, works just fine for some but others are having continuing issues just trying to get it running.

12. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It shouldn't matter, I've tested with multiple types of cars with no issues. I think I've only seen two people report a CTD, so it's most likely something super random.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it's dangerous to state things based on assumption as fact. 3 cars being made for the RC doesn't mean the RC is made only for those 3 test cars (or that only those 3 should be used). That's a logic error, and if taken as truth by others will just further confuse matters.

David Short likes this.
  14. Frankalexandre

I believe when RC become the stable build you'll see a lot of reports. Its very clear the problem is something with the RC build because as soon i opt out, the game is fine again. For now i can live without the RC but when it goes to stable i'll have not other option then stop playing RF2. I dont think thats fair, even if the problem happens to 2 or 10 persons.

15. Coutie

I've passed it along to the programmers, as I said in discord, I don't know when they'll get to it, things have been very busy.

Frankalexandre likes this.
  16. Coutie

@Frankalexandre @Raymond van Soest can you use +trace=2 +traceFlush and post the trace from after the crash. With just trace=2, we get no information from the crash.

17. Raymond van Soest

As requested:)

Attached Files:

18. Frankalexandre

mine

Attached Files:

19. Frankalexandre

No news about this problem after logs analysing? I believe monday is the day RC will become stable build? That will be the day i cant play RF2 anymore.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I used to be able to read these files when they were so complex,(back in the fF1/GTR2 days) but there is an error for some car's engine file near the end of the first example, that would have immobilized the car in question.
    86.20s vehload.cpp 1876: RPM-torque brake > throttle @ 250.000005
    86.20s vehload.cpp 1876: RPM-torque brake > throttle @ 500.000009
    86.20s hwinput.cpp 7963: LOGISDK Initialized in HWInput::SetSteeringWheelRange()
    86.20s hwinput.cpp 7975: LOGISDK HWInput::SetSteeringWheelRange() - 516
    86.21s vehload.cpp 1876: RPM-torque brake > throttle @ 250.000005
    86.21s vehload.cpp 1876: RPM-torque brake > throttle @ 500.000009
    essentially the horsepower created is not enough to overcome the friction inherent in an engine at the lowest rpm.

I would suggest only using stock ISI/S397 cars until you get this sorted.