SOLVED Can't install some paid DLC on dedicated server.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Griffin-5, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Hi all,

I'm at a loss here and could do with some help!

I've set up a dedicated server and have successfully launched several sessions with free and paid DLC content. However, certain items simply will not install no matter what I do.

My process is as follows:
    Run the SteamCMD method to download the files anonymously on steam.
    I move them from my Content folder into the Packages folder in my dedicated server directory.
    Modmgr can see them and I can select them and press Install.
    In my Installed/Vehicles folder I see the car folder getting created along with the .mas file and .mft file inside.
    However, Modmgr does NOT change to Installed status = yes. It always remains as a 'no'.
    The cars also do not show up in the MAS file utility list so I can create a new mod with them.

I have copied my ServerKeys.bin file to my main copy of rFactor2, run the sim and copied the ServerUnlock.bin file to the dedi server dir again. No difference.

I've also tried deleting every reference I can find in Content, Packages, Installed etc. and doing the process over again.

Lastly, I've tried copying the files from my full copy of Steam's Installed folder, into the dedi server's Installed folder. This allows them to show up in Modmgr as Installed = Yes, however, they still don't work when I try to join my own server. I get the message:

"An error occurred - unable to install server mod, most likely cause is missing content, etc.."

I'm out of options and rather frustrated at the time I've spent trying to get this to work. Any help out there, I'd surely appreciate it. Thank you.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Check if the size of the .mft files is 0.
    If it's the case, copy your mft file to the server.
    If this doesn't work copy the whole ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\YourVehicle folder to the server.

3. guenther

guenther Registered

does modmgr has "keys loaded" in the title?

4. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Thank you both for the replies.
    The .mft file was 1kb, not quite 0. I checked a few other (working) cars and they too had 1kb .mft files.
    Yes, the Modmgr has "keys loaded" in the title bar.

Update: One last time, I deleted all files related to the vehicles in my SteamCMD and Dedicated server directories, re-downloaded them via SteamCMD and then installed them one by one individually. Strangely, they all seemed to work this time. Not sure what was different aside from doing them one by one, but it worked. I had a Windows update happen since my last attempt so perhaps that had something to do with it also. Either way, they're all up and running now.

Thank you both for your help and suggestions!

lagg and guenther like this.
  5. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

I am having the same problem, even intalling itens one by one it wont install. Tracks install fine but not cars. mft is 0 kb.

Solved: Regenerate the server unlock.bin

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    ELafrance likes this.
  6. ELafrance

ELafrance Registered

That did it!

7. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I tried all of these solutions without any luck. So I checked the .mft files and they were 0bytes but the ones in my game were 600+ bytes so I copied one into the installed folder of the server, and that suddenly made the track update-able.
    Hope that helps anyone else looking for this problem.

SS

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's what lagg said :)

lagg likes this.
  9. SmellySkidmark

Yeah I know, that's why I tried it.
    The problem now is that all the paid content will make a vmod. but when I launch the server all the content is invisable. It's fine with Longford and the like. I've done the ServerKeys.bin 4 times from my pc, so it should be fine, but it's not.
    I'll try the one from the current online server, see if that werks.

SS

PS. The vmod that shows as invisable on the server werks fine on my pc

10. lagg

lagg Registered

Then, the content appears as installed in the server and you create the vmod, bun when you run the server, it seems that the vmod doesn't exists?

11. SmellySkidmark

I'll just make sure I run all the paid content on my pc before I try the serverkeys again. I'm sure that is the problem.

SS