[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Pales

Pales Registered

Having just revisited this thread and saw the previously replies, I am terribly sorry to hear about your circumstances. I hope you're keeping well and are safe. My apologies, and had I known I would not have made this post. Providing an update so swiftly given the events going on is a testament to just how amazing you are, and I very much appreciate everything you have done over the years!

I can definitely tell you I would not be playing rFactor 2 without this! Thanks again, mate x

2. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

No worries. STAY SAFE.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Pales, its ok to ask, don't worry. As I said, at the moment I'm able to do this.

Pales likes this.
  4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

What could cause this? It´s the Ariel Atom from workshop. Maybe some missing data output?

[​IMG]

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Most probably some AI driver has no name assigned in the mod. Look at xml in text editor, if there are empty <Name></Name> tag(s). Add some name there, save file, refresh r2la.

BuggaNoia likes this.
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ah, ok. Saw one driver without name. Thank you :)

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've used this sparingly in the past, but I can't see to get it started now with my new Win11 system. I don't see the cmd box being created and pasting the link into Firefox only shows it cannot connect.
    EDIT: got the cmd box to open, but I can't connect using either Firefox or Edge.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don't have win11, so I can not check. Check the usual suspects: firewalls, antiviruses, etc. Maybe try some other port.

9. doberk

doberk Registered

Hello Nibo, I get this error when going to Records. It is a new installation with the last versión of r2la (2.058.45) in a new server.
    [​IMG]
    I was looking in the forum for this problem, and I tried different solutions, but nothing works. I have remove all logs except one and I have reviewed that log looking for any bad data, but nothing extrange found on it, the log has only one driver (myself) and it has time. I have tried even without logs in the results folder, same problem. I have also tried with a previous version of R2LA, in 2.058.1 get the same error but related to other path:

[​IMG]

It is a extrange problem, because drive E or D don't exist in my system. R2LA is installed at C:\rF2_server\rF2LogAnalyzer. Results viewer works good, the only problem is in the Records tab. Any idea what is happening? Thanks.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

If you using r2la with rFactor2, then most probably you provided wrong path to rFactor2 folder in the start-up r2la form and r2la did not find your driver name (your player.json). Because of this it can not show you Records, no player name - no Records. Unzip new r2la instance, start from scratch and provide correct path to your rFacotr2 folder (for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 ). If you provided correct path, then make sure that player name in your xml files is equal to player name in player.json, i.e. you did not use "Nick" option in-game.

11. doberk

doberk Registered

Thanks for reply, nibo. My rf2 folder is C:\rF2_server\rfactor2. I have tried with this path in the start-up and also with the logs' folder: C:\rF2_server\rfactor2\UserData\Log\Results. None of them worked. Results view works with both paths, but records tab doesn't work with any of them.

I am a bit confused at this point:
    My server is a dedicated server installed in a VPS through SteamCMD, player.json is the default one and the xml will store a lot of nicks and laptimes from several drivers. I don't understand the relationship between the player.json and the xml. Anyway, I have set both "Player Name" and "Player Nick" to "doberk". In my xml my nickname is also "doberk", but same error happens.

Edit: I have understood what is happening, nibo. I use and old version of r2la since years ago. Now in the last version I have seen a "Dedi Mode" checkbox that is the first time I see in r2la (or I don't remembert it at least). After checking this checkbox it started working as expected. I suppose it has new features focused to single player, right?

Congrats for this awesome tool :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Dedi Mode is for use with dedicated servers. In this mode it will show track records for all human players found in log files. Personal "Stint" tabs in session reports will not be available. And to have access to r2la control buttons you will have to log in with admin name and password that you entered in the first form. In-game player name does not matter for Dedi Mode.

The correct path to rFactor2 in your case is C:\rF2_server\rfactor2

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    doberk likes this.
  13. Alek

Alek Registered

Hi Nibo,
    in the live timing page, is it so hard to have the expandable name of pilot to view de session similar to del SECTOR/LAMP page in RESULTS?
    Thanks a lot for your work again and.... stay safe over there!!

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Its technically possible, but it is also hard. Every second this whole data is being extracted from memory stream, prepared in Python script, put in database, then requested by user pages and prepared in js again to display it. There is a risk we will overwhelm performance at some of this stages when number of driver laps will be high. I would not say "never", but not in a near future. Maybe someday I will explore how this might work.

15. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Stay safe @Nibo, our thoughts are with you.

trichens, Nibo and Corti like this.
  16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Can somebody please upload a screenshot of new S397 Daytona track (and all alternative layouts list if they exist) from in-game track select screen. Like this one I took for Monza. I need this to enter Daytona track name into r2la database.
    monza.jpg

17. Corti

Corti Registered

daytona.jpg

Nibo likes this.
  18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I've managed to port r2la to Python 3, added pagination to Results Viewer and other improvements. I'm not 100% sure everything works as before, but I tested all I could and its working for me.
    Please, test latest version separately for some time, not removing your current r2la, so that you did not loose your championships.

Report any bugs or errors.

Updated to 2.1.000:
    • Ported application from Python 2.7 to Python 3.10. Latest web2py.
    • Added optional pagination to Results Viewer. Greatly increases Results Viewer page performance when number of log files is high. Default is off, 100 logs per page. You can turn it on and set number of logs per page on Options page or using drop-down menu on Results Viewer page.
    • Drivers with empty Name tag in xml now assigned "Noname Driver1", "Noname Driver2", etc, names inside r2la (not changing xml file itself).
    • r2la should now correctly display all utf-8 symbols found in xml (umlauts, etc).
    • Improved Help page.

Badboy, Goanna and cybe like this.
  19. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

New version works here but i get this in the command window: Python 3.10.4 in Win 11

upload_2022-4-28_9-3-38.png

Then a new window appears

Screenshot 2022-04-28 090100.jpg

and after pressing "start server"

upload_2022-4-28_9-2-50.png

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thanks. I forgot to mention that first error in cmd window is known and it should not influence r2la. Its some left over from default web2py config that I did not figure out how to remove yet.
    Second window looks fine. Select 127.0.0.1 for localhost and 0.0.0.0 if you intend to host publicly.
    "no password, no web admin interface" error is also "how it should be", it is how web2py server works. r2la users do not need to enter admin password there, you can just close that error, or enter something random there, it will not be used anyway.