Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I've had it a few times too.
    mostly helped
    -All quit Steam too.
    (Possibly with Taskm.)
    Restart Steam, restart rF2.
    Run file check for rF2.
    Quit everything again and start again incl. Steam.
    Then it always worked.
    After that everything went back to normal!

Flaux likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In Steam right click on rF2 and verify files. If that fails, go back to NONE, load up rF2 to ensure the change works. Exit Steam. Then try again to change to the RC.

Flaux likes this.
  3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey thanks guys, I tried those workarounds and did 4 verifications, 6 steam reboots, 2 system reboots changed 6 times from none to rc and it sadly never clicked. Still wouldn't start rf2.

I'm sure it will be working when the update gets delivered to the stable build...

4. RoWo

RoWo Member

Try by remove/backup your USERDATA folder and let rF2 create a new one.

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I can agree with this. Going back to non-RC brings more smoothness although the fps are the same. Could be reproduced by switching between rc and non-rc. The new sound setting seem not to be the problem (USB-soundcard or Soundblaster Z even with 64 and 256 channels tested)

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey RoWo, the idea was great, but it turned out to become a little drama. :oops: I backed up the userdata folder and let rf2 create a new one. Sadly, the RC still didn't boot. But when I went back to "none", steam wanted to start downloading content that I haven't subbed to. I guess, because in the userdata folder is something that tells steam/the game what I subbed to and what not.

My problem is, even though I killed the folder and put my backup userdata folder in, it still wants to download 50 items that I don't need.

I stopped the download, but it will try to redownload everything again as soon as I open the game. So, any idea how to fix this? :oops:

7. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Go to workshop and unsubscribe from anything that you don't need/want. rf2 automatically subscribed you to a lot of items when you removed userdata folder.

edit: tbh this is not completely true, recreating userdata folder should not automatically subscribe you to items in workshop, but sometimes it seems that some file corupts or something and the game acts as if it's the first time that you've started it and thus subscribes you to a lot of content.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  8. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thank you, back to normal! :cool:

9. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

The same happens to me
    3060ti
    ryzen 5600x
    32gb ram 3200 mhz
    Samsung HMD VR

justposted and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  10. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Tried out the RC the last days and esspecially treid out the new camera features. They work great but unfortunately the messages regarding the settings i do for exposure, focus point, aperature and so on only appear in the message center. So when you use a replay to take some screenshots you don't see which settings you have chosen. This should definitly be changed otherwise the new feature is again only half baken stuff like many other things S397 introduced the last years. :confused:

datasting likes this.
  11. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I think this is what finally worked for me - but some of our members are experiencing the same ‘dead in the water’ issue getting the client to fire up so we might need to rollback…

…so, as I’ve never needed to rollback the dedi before, what would I need to do? Just run the normal app_update command without the beta bit again?

12. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Yep that should be all you need to do
    steamcmd +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +login anonymous +app_update 400300 -validate v1126 +quit

SS

DanRZ and MileSeven like this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Something for the guys who claimed that there shouldn't be sparks visible while it's raining: simply watch a bit of footage from the F1 cars at Imola this weekend. There are lot's of sparks and rooster tails. ;)

atomed likes this.
  14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

little suggestion about the shadows :
    Can you separate the shadows : one option for the car shadows and the others for the trees and the rest. I have to play with shadow OFF cause the annoying shadows on the barriers following me is a no way, but I would like having the car shadows.
    It could be a simple trick for the shadows. Or is it possible to remove shadows only for the barriers and walls ?

DJCruicky likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the much better option would be to spend the time needed to implement such an option to give us the improved shadows previewed some months ago, and working more on them if possible.

It's all pie in the sky anyway because we know quick workarounds don't happen, and we're surely very close to an actual improvement now relative to any time in the last 5 years.

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

with the Oreca Test car, at Monza, with the default setting, my car touches the ground most of the time, but not the AI, why ? I thought they have the same setting as me. Is it good if I have most of the time the sparks, or do I need to raise my car ? I have to put +15cm to not touch the ground.
    20220423023251_1.jpg

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

what is this blue icon ? my car has smoke behind, is it a new feature ?
    20220423030729_1.jpg

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Looks like water temperature, since it's blue. Oil and water are being done separately now.

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

does it mean my car is broken and I have to pit ?

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not yet, no. It's a good sign you don't have enough cooling though. If the engine runs too hot for too long it may break, and pitting won't help.

MikeV710 likes this.