Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

It wasn't an "official" post, basically just someone posted what worked for them. Definitely something my end.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A discussion/answer on discord doesn't just get thrown on the forum as well - that doesn't make any sense.

The setting I'm talking about is in the Audio options in the RC, and it affects the sound with different cameras.

It's nothing to do with an actual microphone.

Does that help?

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

ah okay, my real microphone has nothing to do with it, ok... I tried the RC I'll look at the other options, although the one I configured was great, I'll go back to see the configuration and try to see the comparison, thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience

Lazza likes this.
  4. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Oh. Running the batch as admin?

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I use this for mine =>
    Code:
    steamcmd +force_install_dir ../SteamrF2-RC +login anonymous +app_update 400300 -beta release-candidate validate +quit
    Change the install dir to one of your choice.

atomed and nonamenow like this.
  6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yep, tried all the batch files that have been posted. tried updating and new install but still get 1.1126. Off for a few laps to clear my head. :)

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Not sure what happened. Switched to command line instead of using the batch file and it worked. Strange as I had tried that earlier. Thx for the help guys.

Goanna likes this.
  8. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

The game keeps changing my fov settings. Set them to 52, went to different screens in the garage and it changed to 10. Set it back to 52 and after some time and different screens in garage it changes it back to 10 again. Over and over. Anyone else having this problem in this RC?

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Quick bit of feedback/possible bug report. The brake lights on Audio GT3 cars are not working. Also if you stall the new Dallara Indy car (which ive just brought, and its fecking fantastic!) You cannot restart engine at all with engine start button. Is this simply because the car does'nt have an onboard starter though?

10. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

It doesn't have an Onboard Starter irl

Paul McC and atomed like this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

like reality.:)

12. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you set it with key commands in the car, or in the settings screen?

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I did some more testing back to back with the non RC build and the RC build and I can report what other people reported aswell. With the same graphic settings the RC build clearly is less smooth in terms of performance and produces stuttering. I can't track down what is causing this, if it is the new sound engine or the updated graphic features or real road refresh rate but right now I went back to the stable build simply for performance reasons, so I hope this is investigated before the RC features go fully public.

14. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I tried spa recently with RC, the fps were very bad....i dropped from 130s to 18 fps, dropped to 2 digit extremly low fps multiple times.
    I redownloaded the RC now fps seems to be in little bit more control but the gameplay is STILL not smooth. (also deleted cbash and shader folder files because i heard that was useful in such cases)
    also on spa specifically i get audio cut for fraction of seconds (probably whole game lags for fraction of seconds....very small time but definitely problematic).
    never had any of these issues in stable build.

coasting&cruising likes this.
  15. Comante

Comante Registered

I think people with integrated soundcards may have problems if audio is bottlenecking, they probably will need to reduce the number of effects and/or audio quality.

16. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

It could be that there Is a general stability Issue with the RC.

I had the reported (some post back) dimming of the UI, and I also was unable to have a fixed user wheel config for the cars I was driving. It would randomly reset to a default value, so I had to constantly go back to settings screen while In the session screen and re-select my wheel config until It would catch my selection.

None of this Is happening In the stable build FYI.

17. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Since only enthusiasts actually have reasonably decent sound cards these days, rF2 does not require any particular sound card capabilities. It runs identically on any sound device. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that it sounds good on any device, but that's just the nature of cheap audio hardware in general

lagg likes this.
  18. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I haven't had any bottleneck issues myself, but I'm using my oculus output, and if I'm not mistaken, it's the CPU that processes the sound. I think most integrated sound chips are good enough these days to not warrant much of an issue unless it's a REALLY old motherboard. In that case I'd suggest getting a cheap USB DAC to bypass the onboard sound.

Devin likes this.
  19. Stevy

Stevy Registered

After more testing the new RC and switching between RC and non-RC and back, yesterday I had the very first moment in rFactor2 while driving (in VR) were I was like: "wow, this looks really good and life-like". rf2 for me was always a little over saturated in color and was too warm and "gamey" if that makes sense (compared to iR or AC).
    The new graphic settings, and I don't know which one exactly, really seems to change that, and give rf2 a more cold and professional look.
    Still with color and warm but more on the real and serious side.
    I like that! I like that very much. Really a big part of(or in) VR and feeling immersed, and I have the feeling now in rf2.
    That's really nice and I'm looking forward for more.

Perhaps the next step could be a new driver model, to make "it" look more human like :D

mesfigas likes this.
  20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hi everyone,

quick question.

What do I need to do, when I switched to the release candidate and the game tries to start and then stops after 1 or 2 seconds. It doesn't even get to booting it seems. There also is no trace file generated...