Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Massive bug? This is an assistant for spins. Disable that setting.

Rui Santos and Lazza like this.
  2. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I'm probably late to the party in realising this because I usually have very low tyre noise, but you can actually hear the left/right side tyres separately. I remember wishing that this was a thing but thinking it'd never happen, now that it's here, I might actually turn tyre noise up a bit because this is just so damn immersive now.

In regards to the 'weak' sounding engine noise that people are reporting, is this only on rear engined cars? Is it possibly the headphones that are partially to blame? i.e if you had proper 5.1 with some decent bookshelf speakers behind you, perhaps the sound would be more beefy because you've got dedicated speakers for that sound, rather than headphones trying to emulate the rearward sounds.
    I have wanted to have a proper 5.1 setup for so long, and now I'm pumped to make it happen. Could someone please confirm with me, with a 5.1 setup rear engined car sound come from the rear yeah? I assume yes.

This sound thing is next level. Once new content comes out that is actually designed from the ground up with this new sound engine, the immersion will be incredible. Please though S397 allow us to control more sounds individually so we can tweak things to our preference.

One thing that is bothering me a bit with headphones, is for example if an ai is on my left, my right ear hears nothing, whereas in reality the right ear would also be hearing at least something, like the bounced sounds. I think a 5.1 speaker setup would totally fix this issue though and it'd become very realistic.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'll repost a bit from Lazza about the correct settings for sound.

Back on sound, a couple of seemingly unanswered questions through this thread so just for clarity: setting Speakers in-game uses the windows speaker configuration. 5.1 (and etc) works properly, both inside the car and from trackside cams. Full surround, and generated correctly from your current position and orientation if using the Immersive microphone option as mentioned above.

green serpent likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll go one better and do a new post :p

This is one thing I haven't tested recently, but I think this was already a thing. Anyway, maybe one to check later.

Yes, definitely. In devmode you can easily move the engine noise around and have it coming from the rear speakers while driving, but my devmode car is a tintop so the engine sound (whether in front or behind) is a bit more muted than original - and obviously none of the new sound parameters are being used yet, so I don't know how flexible that could make things. I suppose I could take the skip barber for a spin, but I'm already here typing. Moving on.

I think you should try using the windows sound settings to set one side to 0 before you judge that. For me I'm definitely getting a car on the 'far side' as well, though obviously much quieter and muted, and probably somewhat like real life that stops you 'hearing' it on that side - your brain knows where it is, so you hear it only on that side. Got the same thing on the speakers by the way.

green serpent and davehenrie like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For those of you who can't get the car to shift, examine your system. My release candidate Indycar in the test folder shifts just fine.
    My settings are turning off all aids, using manual clutch, manual shift. I am wondering if some shifting or clutch help is causing a shift conflict. If not that, then you are using the wrong car. TEST only, only two skins for the IR18 and it MUST be the release candidate:
    Notice what gear the IR18 is in.
    upload_2022-4-18_0-18-35.png

6. Marino Sandiford

Marino Sandiford Registered

Que dire à part wow, super on se lance de plus en plus dans l'immersion, on s'y croirait, juste un petit truc le spotter ne marche pas, c'est très pratique et ça évite de regarder son tableau de bord, sinon reste dans ça perspective super équipe je suis fan depuis le début de rfactor2, encore bravo et merci pour cette bonne simulation

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You may be correct. I just tried the TEST ORECA 07 and turned the spotter volume slider up to 100% and could not hear the spotter.
    Vous avez peut-être raison. Je viens d'essayer le TEST ORECA 07 et j'ai tourné le curseur de volume de l'observateur jusqu'à 100% et je n'ai pas pu entendre l'observateur.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I tried the indycar and in virtual reality when you turn your head to the right you can hear the engine and the sound increases through the right ear, the sound immersion is fantastic, brutal... overtaking, potholes, curbs and tires. note out of 10:)

atomed and memoNo1 like this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

100% agree buddy!

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. sg333

sg333 Registered

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Also i hope the old ambient track sounds and that "call from the speaker" to the grid at the race start will be improved too!

I also think this is just the beggining, all those new features obviously need improvements and i believe Studio397 will put everything together sooner or later (sparks, sounds, etçª) ;)

Future looks great!

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Given Crew Chief is already out there, I think it's unlikely S397 will invest hours into doing something similar. So if any changes have caused the spotter's current silence I'd expect them to be relatively minor.

14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's a pleasure to drive with rFactor 2 again, my only complain is the GPU power requiered.
    Impossible to play at Ultra at 4K or triple 1440p with rain+night and AI.
    ACC has fixed this with DLSS, AMS 2 is easy on the GPU, I don't know what is the solution for rFactor 2, only the RTX 6090ti can solve this, I refuse to lower the graphics, I only play at ultra with all my games.

15. Xzanman

Xzanman Registered

Ultra is for screen shots, High is for playing.
    Try high settings the only difference you will notice (whilst concentrating on driving) is better fps.

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I see massively the difference, PP medium at 4K, but with ALL my others games I'm at 4k ultra, no way I reduce for rF2.

17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Alex, you can't be that rigid with a simulation that has modding, of course the conditions/requirements change accordingly with the track/car you're using. If the official content is heavy or in some cases bad optimized (like Monza) and you can only reach around 100 FPS's, in some other tracks, more light, you might have 250 FPS's, so you need to adjust that sometimes or try to reach some "average" configuration that works well with all tracks...

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Oh, I have found the solution : I drive only by day until a better GPU.

Filip likes this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It must be because of the language, or that I'm very clumsy, but I don't quite understand the microphone... how should I configure it so that it is correct?:confused:

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. CIP060

CIP060 Registered

But does the RC version work with servers? Has the server been updated to version 1128 as well?