M4 GT3 Gear Ratio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rolf Berge, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Rolf Berge

Rolf Berge Registered

The way the gear ratio is on this car 6th gear is useless, 5th gear goes to around 280 km't which is the top speed.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yup, I just did a bunch of laps(6hrs total) at Sebring and never once reached 6th gear.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should be talking to BMW about this :D

davehenrie likes this.
  4. wotaskd

wotaskd Registered

I noticed it as well. For comparison, I looked at an onboard video of the M4 at the Nords. The real car seems to be about to hit the red line while in 5th gear just past Galgenkopf (unfortunately he up shifted before that so no way to confirm 100%). In game, I was not able to get to red line while in 5th until I got to Tiergarten.

Such an amazing car, though. I love driving it…:)

5. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The engine have a lot of torque, use the six gear for save fuel in long races.

davehenrie and wotaskd like this.
  6. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Gotta say that the car behaves in a similar way in ACC, for example, in Spa and Monza 5th gear gives you some extra top speed, while 6th, as mentioned above, is useful for fuel saving

GeraArg, atomed and davehenrie like this.
  7. Florian Dubiel

Florian Dubiel Registered

why is the gear ratio locked? strange on a track like Nordschleife

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the real cars don't change ratios.

9. Florian Dubiel

normally they do, depends perhaps on the regulation

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Depends what you mean by "normally". I'm not familiar with the various series but my searching indicates the main ones (under SRO?) restrict changes. Lots of people ask about this in other games too.

11. Florian Dubiel

Normally it's fine but in the Nordschleife it's wrong in my opinion. Currently I have the feeling that the traction control is not really working? There is no Audio feedback from what it is doing? And why a raintires not working but slicks in wet working too many questions

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah cool, but this thread is about gear ratios. Any other issues don't detract or add to any issue with the gear ratios. (same as the gear ratios being right or wrong doesn't change other issues)

If the car has locked ratios in its normal use (or as licensed) then the ratios are locked. Done.

*found that, ironically, ACC recently updated its M4 to 'wrong' gear ratios to make 6th gear useable.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  13. Maxfly

Maxfly Registered

* a constaté que, ironiquement, ACC a récemment mis à jour ses rapports de démultiplication M4 sur "mauvais" pour rendre la 6ème vitesse utilisable.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not a "wrong" gear ratio. It is the one that has been approved by the SRO. The same as the one used for the IRL 24 hour spa. ACC is not perfect, yes, but for this kind of thing Kunos has access to all or most of the data.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I was in no way attacking ACC. I thought from the article the car now has altered gear ratios available at all tracks, which is a step away from the homologation.

I'm happy to be corrected, I don't know much about these series as I said earlier.