Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

yup.. but if you re-read, there seems to be a glitch with RC update process, in two occasions it only installed the Oreca in the test folder, and in those instances it was broken as well. a Steam file integrity check fixes it.

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I'd like to have a slider for most sounds but, it's understandable that the dev's have to draw the line somewhere. With more sliders, the potential to satisfy more players should be possible, in theory. ;)

However, If they provide too many adjustable options, some will complain about the complexity of tuning, just as is common with FFB. The best way to solve such issues may be to offer a set of "Basic" audio adjustments / "Advanced" audio adjustments.

I think RaceRoom offers a good amount of user adjustability by isolating more of the primary sounds that people like to amplify (Gearbox / backfires / Wind, etc.) in addition to the usual ones.

Whatever happens, I'm just very happy that S397 is making improvements to the audio experience in rF2. The new sound engine is a big step forward, imo.

davehenrie likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Paul, I'd like to clarify several confusing items about this new update.
    1. Are all the cars in the TEST folder fully compatible with the new sound engine or just the Oreca 07?
    2. Is Push 2 Pass available on the rFPro? (if so, it doesn't work)
    3. Does 5.1 work with the new sound engine?

RaceNut likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Indycar isn't broken, use the TEST folder car or revert to the normal NONE option in the beta screen

Lars likes this.
  5. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

1. from blog >
    "we will deploy specific updates to cars going forward, in order to fully benefit from the improvements this new engine has introduced. The first of those car specific changes will be included with the new content that forms part of the 2022 Q2 Update and Content Drop."

so i think it is safe to assume that only oreca has properly tuned sound for new sound engine.

6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I'm wondering if there is recommended sound settings where we can start off with? Is there a recommended setting for 5.1 speakers, Headphones, VR, etc.? What do the options in the HRTF, etc. mean?

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

spectacular sound, push2pass works, tags work that as the cars move away the tag disappears, congratulations to studio 397, I haven't seen the sparks yet, maybe I should lower the car from height, anyway I was doing more sound tests and the push 2 pass what else...

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Try with the Brabham BT44, they spark quite a lot with that car.
    20220416065146_1.jpg

Rui Santos and juanchioooo like this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

to show the difference between the human physics and AI physics, drive the Oreca at Le Mans and watch the sparks begin as you near 315kph. But also watch the AI, NO sparks, neither will your AI-codriver. We used to see this even back with GTR2. AI always ran a little higher than whatever you had.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What track is that?

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

must be another version of Nordschleife

13. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Yesterday test Oreca07 drove in Spa everything fits top sound in onboard and trackside.
    Tested F3-Dallare by ASR this morning, I wanted to try something.
    It has the dull sound because it hasn't been optimized yet, ok.
    Just restarted the computer TEST-Oreca selected, spa, lo and behold, suddenly a dull sound...?
    Game ended, restarted Steam, selected test oreca, spa, lo and behold, new sound is back.
    Very strange!

14. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I had to go to the bathroom when I reached the end of the video! :D

Getting old!

BTW, how many cars are supposed to be In the TEST folder, If you bought them of course?

Thanks

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

at this time, 3 different cars, the rFPro, IR18, & Oreca 07(all are DLC) These are not for casual use to complete racing events but a small selection to discover any conflicts or bugs prior to the official release next month.

MikeV710 and memoNo1 like this.
  16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

My dear friends.
    I finally had time to test the Indycar.
    And the new sound engine is an absolute game changer.
    You hear the wind, the tires on the limit. The kurbs, the crunch of dirt.
    The enemies in front and behind you.
    As they drive past you.
    Absolutely fantastic work.
    What the sound alone can do is very impressive.
    The visual improvement is also impressive. The small water puddles, despite the dry stretches, as they are mirrored. .the scratched cockpit windows. Really very impressive work.
    I am definitely convinced.
    Keep it up!
    Then nothing can stop you.
    You have my full support and passion!

Rui Santos, Lars and Alnorate like this.
  17. Raymond van Soest

Raymond van Soest Registered

Anyone else getting CTD's shortly after starting a session when using the release candidate? I've opened a thread about it in Technical and support and pointed it out on discord, but untill now I havent seen anyone having the same issue

18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I'd try renaming player.json (do not delete it) so a new default one is created. Then check if you still have this issue. If you don't, you can send the faulty player.json for analysis.

19. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

@Raymond van Soest Also check if you have a file called rFMini.dmp in rFactor 2\UserData, with the time stamp of when your game crashed. You can send it to me if you do have one.

20. Bob Gnarley

Bob Gnarley Registered

This update has introduced regular stuttering that i can't get rid of. Didn't touch any settings, same as before, and framerate goes to crap no matter what i lower. Currently at 1,252 hours. It feels like 1,200 hours of frustration and maybe 52 of actual satisfaction at this point.

Ryzen 3700X, Radeon 5700XT, ddr4@3600cl14, Soundblaster Z, win 10 21H2 19044.1645.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    Elcid43 likes this.