Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wish we could add a like to a post WITHOUT it being a like. In other words, thanks for testing those issues, but darn, I don't like they are still there.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Nice so only oreca so far. tbh I'm not satisfied with fpro onboard engine sounds, hopefully there is decent room for improvement.
    Would love if they could manage to make it sound like a ferrari V10

4. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.

Did the spotter get disabled in the update, or did something get broken on my end?

Regards.

5. Pales

Pales Registered

So I just tested this and I think they did fix it? I run two tests. One with fuel only (usage 7x) and I saw LMP1 overtake GT3. The other race was tyres only (with fuel disabled). I saw LMP1 overtake GT3 on inlap too :)

I posted this on Discord but it just goes to show how out touch the developers were, they've fixed the underlying issue relating to cars not being able to overtake on an inlap and haven't even bothered to add it to the patch notes (despite it being a CORE problem that has been reported for many, many years!).

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It'll be back soon.

Lars likes this.
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Thanks a lot for the info mate

Simulation_Player likes this.
  8. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

rF2 fix and Oreca07 TEST.
    The fix was really good.
    The Oreca works very well for me in terms of onboard sound.
    I set the sound effects to 256 before testing.
    My Creative sound card does that.
    Conclusion: The dull sound is gone now, the engine sound is more or less the same as before. The background noise is audible and so very good from the volume.
    You can hear the opponents driving past well and I think just like in real life. Although the Oreca is closed. But it fits so well.
    Trackside camera sound is absolutely amazing!
    The passing sound resonates and sounds real.
    There's a real racing feeling.

Regen and the other changes have yet to be tested.
    However, the sound path now seems to be going in the right direction.
    Contrary to my first impressions, the fix is great!
    From the sound.

davehenrie and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  9. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

@Luprosx
    Sound 5.1 is it for you ?
    Do you have creative sound 5.1

I have creative sound 5.1 + Logitech z906 and 5.1 is KO

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

I tried the Oreca. OK this car audio sounds *significantly* better implemented than the IR18. I can hear my own engine very well and it sounds as I would expect. I hope to see (hear!) the IR18 like this because the Oreca really does show (shout?) what this sound engine can do.

11. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I have a Creative Sound Blaster AE-5.
    Set with the Teufel Sound System E-450 Digital as 5.1
    Whether rF2 is in 5.1 or just in stereo, I don't know.
    But it sounds very good.
    Not sure because rF2 hasn't run in 5.1 yet.
    Let me put it this way, music sound in 5.1 sounds better than rf2 sound in terms of volume.
    I have no idea, maybe the 397 guys should make a statement.
    But I'm only referring to the Oreca07 TEST, which now has a similarly good/better sound as in the previous build.

Herve_Versabeau likes this.
  12. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

@Luprosx
    Do Porsche sounds come from the rear speakers?

13. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I have yet to test Porsche sounds.
    But since according to 397 only the Oreca-TEST can do the new sounds, I have no hope for the time being that the GT3-GTE can do it.
    Just had fun with the Oreca test, replay...the sound wanders from one speaker to another, seems to be really 5.1...? Also comes from the rear speakers, depending on where the car is.
    But don't tie me down to that!

Herve_Versabeau likes this.
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I agree, in the previous builds i actually had the Ai audio at 0 because of the throttle/brake nonsense, now im forced to hear them. I would love to hear them at a reasonable level if they didnt do this weird rF2 only behaviour.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think they rebalanced/added sounds to the Oreca, but it doesn't mean other cars aren't capable of positional audio. All cars have a point where engine noise emanates, and in a rear engine car that should be behind the driver. No reason that shouldn't be coming from behind with 5.1 actually working.

16. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Simme da sg 333 voll zu!

17. Stevy

Stevy Registered

OK, so I just did test the Oreca_TEST on Spa and I now want to give a little Feedback on two topics I find important.

Sound:
    The Oreca_TEST sounds really good. I like it very much.
    I did just use the default settings. 256 effects. Headphone speaker config and default HRFT.
    It sounds a little muffeled in the cockpit, and the VR effect when turning your head is a little overdone for my taste when you think that you are still right next to the engine in the cockpit and not suddenly are "outside" or something. And finally the tire skid sounds are almost gone (or rather just really quite) <3.
    But the outside sounds, so TV cams etc, are what I did like the most. Sounded almost like the real deal. But haven't tested with more than just one car.

Sparks:
    Oh boy,
    while I love to finally see sparks in rf2 (welcome to 2005 :p) and while they look really good and move realistically, I think they are way way to visible on daylight and sunshine.
    They need to be less visible (or even invisible on a clear day), and perhaps need to be even a little bit smaller.
    And also no sparks when the track and everything is wet.
    I've never seen so much sparks on a sunny clear day. What we have now are basically the fake and "just for show" F1 sparks.
    Personally I don't like them that much, please tone down.
    Or go the hard way and create the sparks depending on the material which touches the ground , so that carbon doesn't spark :p

I also did think that I had less grip on a wet rubbered in track on the racing line. So I had more grip offline while braking than on the rubber.
    But perhaps that's just a placebo, idk :D

Other than the sparks I have to say that's a great update for rf2 :)

18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

19. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

I think sparks are a lot visibles in day time, you can see Australian F1 GP. Question is that normally cars have enough ride height, only some formulas are ready to touch usually the ground without problems. So you will see a lot of sparks this year in F1 in every race. Maybe are a little bit exaggerated, that is true.
    I would like to hear how the car is touching the ground

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. jeroen__online

jeroen__online Registered

I'm very pleased with this RC, keep up the good work! Here are a few things I noticed, running Client 8558551:
    • Not possible to hide/display opponent labels from any Settings screen (other than editing player.json)
    • The "Restart race" button is greyed out when I join my own dedicated server (running Dedi 8558556) as a client. This was also the case in one of the previous RCs and fixed soon after it emerged, but apparently is back now.
    • I play in VR, the sparks are very well visible but also seem to have an overlay that makes them visible through walls/fences and from very far away (running an AMD RX5700XT, if that matters).
    • Love the updated AI, finally making sane tire compound choices!
    • Struggling a bit to update my sound settings, but I'm not alone I read. It's hard to find a setting where you hear your own engine at a proper level compared to other cars (those are mostly relatively loud). Love the update in general though, sounds much more immersive.
    • When I exit the game (from VR), it keeps on running (using loads of CPU) and I have to use the "Stop" button (blue) in Steam to force the game to stop. Pretty annoying and didn't happen to me before.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    memoNo1 and ThomasJohansen like this.