Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I totally agree but seeing as it isn't right I just hoped to lower Ai engine sounds as it drowned out my cars engine amd the road/wind noise needed lowering.

F1Aussie likes this.
  2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I lowered the volume of the effects by half and a bit the tires. I'm glad I can actually hear the other cars passing me, it was something that I really missed before. But I can hear my engine clearly too.

Master volume: 100%
    Onboard volume: 100% (I've changed it from the default 25% but I'm not sure what's changed.)
    Sound effects volume: 50%
    Engine volume: 100%
    Tire volume: 90%

I hope it becomes automatic and it just sounds like it should depending on the track, car and conditions. I'm not sure I've achieved that since I haven't ever been in a race car.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Registered

RF2 is set to 100% in the Windows 11 Audio Mixer. Still have the muffled in-car engine sounds in the S397 GT3 cars except for the Bentley Continental 2020.

4. Pales

Pales Registered

The AI throttle and breaking issue plays a big part on this. They need to fix what was introduced in Build: 1110 (2018) to really sort this problem out. Once that has been addressed, it will make the AI much more pleasant to race with (because at the moment it is a constant ear bleed made worse with the improved sound update).

F1Aussie and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I’m not a big expert of sound . I have a 5.1 sound headset …. Should I change or edit something on JSON files ?

6. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

same thing here

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I press TAB for the driver labels on formation lap (and I think the race too) and I see them flicker on for a second then disappear.

I am using a valve index VR headset.

8. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

@Devin
    my system is correctly configured in 5.1.....and it works very well on ACC

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I found the Win11 audio mixer but there is no setting for rFactor2. There IS a setting for Steam & that is 100%

Rui Santos likes this.
  10. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Registered

Before I started RF2 I left the sound mixer window open. I then started RF2 & pressed Alt-Tab. I could see where RF2 was listed in the sound mixer options & the sound level was 100%.

11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

RC Hotfix Released
    Client 8558551
    Dedi 8558556
    • Fixed AI not having fuel in some circumstances at the start of races.
    • Fixed default camera profiles for Freelook
    • Added Moza Controller Profiles

Oreca 07 0.93
    • Added audio compatible with new sound engine

jayarrbee36, leseb64, memoNo1 and 6 others like this.
  12. Hiigara

Hiigara Registered

Tested Default Porsche GTR 3 at Daytona road with a 40 default GTR 3 field. Did a full qualify and ended it after time was passed. Race started with rolling start. Directly yellow flag, AI comes to a complete stop and does not move. Same for other tracks without qualifying. I going to uninstall rF2 and revert back to previous version.

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

- Added Moza Controller Profiles

What about CSL DD?

Peter Kroll likes this.
  14. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Using headphones, and cant find a setting where opponents volume can be lowered.
    As last resort also tried in player.json but value gets changed back to 1.

here's a example, dont comment on the drive, its purely to test sound.
    but when close to others its hard to distinguish own engine sound and opponent.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

After trying some closed cockpit cars I agree the opponent engines might be too loud. It's like the cockpit doesn't isolate from the external sounds.

F1Aussie likes this.
  16. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I would recommend sound effect : 100 (these effects including car body touching the ground , suspension &chassis sound , kerbs etc )

tyre volume is quite high (but i prefer tyre volume bit on realistic side so i only hear them at low speed, low rpm scenarios)

onboard sound determines onboard only engine sound from my testing so 100% is fine, but i keep it 5-10% lower than sound effects volume so onboard engine don't overwhelm other sounds details too much.

Bernat likes this.
  17. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

there is this line under sound section in player.json file

Number of output channels:0,

Number of output channels# : "-1->Use Windows Control Panel Config, 0->Headphones, 1->Mono Speaker, 2->Stereo,
    3->SRS Circle Surround, 4->4.0, 5-> 5.1, 6->6.1, 7->7.1, 8->8.1"

number of output channels at 5 might help you. (i'm a headphone user tho so not too sure, but worth a shot).

18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hey Paul, well this si exciting stuff! Just been testing and jumped out to find its patching again. Is the "AI not having fuel in some circumstances at the start of races" going to fix the A.I. not starting when race is set to time and not laps? Also I've been playing with the new sound settings and I actually really like it, much more tire noise! To the point where with some cars you actually need to turn it down. Immersive setting is great. Theres another setting which I don't quite understand are those different codecs or something i.e HE1/ Default (not sure if thats exactly what it says but im sure you know what I mean. Also no matter how many sounds I run (full amount atm something like 260 odd, and whatever setting its on (headphones/immersive/and that other one) I can't hear any tire skid noises in the replays, thought they were sposed to be there now. Radical SR3 XX still (and this is after years) has absoloutely no tire sounds when it starts to rain, all tire sounds dissappear. This really needs fixing. Thanks in advance for any questions you can answer, looking forward to seeing what happens to A.I. when I have a race with changing weather, im gunna be over the moon if they've stopped pitting every other lap when it rains!!!:)

memoNo1 likes this.
  19. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

HRTF selection! Thats the setting I don't understand, is it something to do with channels, i.e. stereo or 5.1?

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Thanks for the help