Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

This could be reproduced by the devs. Use for now for races against the AI laps as finish criteria, not time

bobbie424242 and Mydriaz like this.
  2. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for your answer, I've got same issue.

3. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Yes, figured out the same, diffing working and non-working player.json.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My headphones produced Stereo that clearly tracked the car's movement, but I dunno about 5.1.

5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, nice RC. From dedicated server side, can it be updated to RC version and how ?

oikworld and nonamenow like this.
  6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

AI are dead, don't move too for me.
    edit1 : fixed with race with laps.
    edit2 : need AI on/off brake fix ASAP ! the sound is now very good, but the AI on/off is more obvious

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  7. PhotogRV

PhotogRV Registered

I have the same issue. :(

8. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

This is insane! Not perfect but really nice
    20220414000601_1.jpg 20220414000703_1.jpg 20220414000716_1.jpg

9. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Quick first impression from me before I need to leave for work (damn!).

Sound wise the onboard engine sounds great, so much more "meaty" with more bass. Not sure what issue people are having with it sounding dull, maybe turn up "onboard" sound or something.

The road noise is a bit disappointing to me... it sounds too much like it is on a loop - crusing down the pits slowly or attacking a corner hard... not much difference in sound. Wish it was a but more dynamic and less like a canned sound on a loop.

I do wish the sound reflecting off barries was more present, i.e gets much louder when very close to a barrier, then drops off significantly as you move away from the barrier. That would add a tonne more immersion imo.

Generally though, it felt more immersive and deep, actually like I was in a car with a beast of an engine, rather than the previous more tinny buzzy sound.

Can't wait to jump on later and check out the rest of the updates!

10. elbo

elbo Registered

can not shift passed 1st gear in the 2018 indycar, shifting works with the new test indycar and all other cars tested.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Finally some QOL improvements ive been waiting for...keep this up and i will buy more DLC ;)

F1Aussie, DaREALMastaD and mesfigas like this.
  12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think it's a very early version of the sound engine. As expected, there needs to be tweaked a lot. What most people complain about is the balance of the different sounds I think. The engine noise is relatively weak compared to curbs for example. But it's a good base to build up from. Something that struck me instantly is that I now can hear the cars across the track, which wasn't possible with the old sound engine. I ran a test session with the 91' Ferrari and it's amazing how you can hear the V12 across the whole track. For the external sounds the new engine works great already. Internal sounds need a bit more work. I also have a feeling that open vs. closed cockpits needs a bit of fine tuning and that some mods might require an overhaul. The onbourd sound of the ASR cars is pretty wierd for example. Anyway, it's early days.

And those sparks ... it's fantastic to have them finaly, but it looks abit funny in some occasions. Anyway, still a great update.

Rui Santos, mesfigas, sg333 and 4 others like this.
  13. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

first impression for the sounds something I've been waiting for since...er...the beta!
    I had to adjust the engine with respect to the external effects, but it's not too bad, so yes, it's better, I feel the potential, but now I'll have to be up to speed for the recordings, put microphones in different positions on the car, in the car and on the track, and do it again for all the cars (I'm dreaming, right?)
    I had to increase the bass, sometimes the medium on some cars the highs are screaming and twisting the ears!
    my preference is for headphones because the sound is more precise but the sampling is such that it is quickly tiring!
    for the sounds of gravel the effect stops too clearly it must be more fluid!
    it lacks a good big backfire!

sound test with DAC Micromega and headset Hifiman sundara and Ampli Marantz PM6007, speaker Tannoy Gold 8 & M-audio AV 40.

14. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Registered

Having issues with the in-car engine sound with this update. I only have two speakers (stereo) & the sound of my engine when in-car is completely drowned out by the opponents. When I select the look back feature to see behind me the external sound of my car is normal. No issues with any other sims.

sg333 likes this.
  15. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Les gars je pense que vous n'avez pas lu le patch note, les sons de la voiture ne sont pas travaillés, ils le feront, c'est un premier brouillon, tout ne va pas être parfait, rien d'anormal.
    2ème chose, pour la voiture indy et la formule PRO il faut prendre la version TEST dans les marques de voitures, (en bas de la liste)

16. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

A lot of GREAT changes!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting for the stable realease. :)

trichens and mesfigas like this.
  17. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you have onboard sound set to 100%? I believe the default is 25%.

18. Bernat

Bernat Registered

WOW!! Great RC!

I think the sound has improved tremendously, specially due to spatialness. I use headphones. Now I can hear sounds coming from different places and it creates an ambience. In a closed car I can feel the reduced space. The other cars can be better heard, there's a feeling of being in a race track with other cars. In general, the sound is more rich and immersive.

I disagree with most criticism about the sound. Yes, the engine will sound different and stronger when in front of your ears than behind, I don't see the issue. And sound reflection decreases exponentially with distance. In the cockpit sounds will be duller due to the materials of the cockpit dampening the sound. In general, now it feels more real.

There's a few things that are true in my oppinion. The sounds of the road, curbs and ground, are too high in the mix at 100%. The tires sounds are also a bit high maybe. I'm not a real life race driver so I might be wrong but I think not by so much. I see they can be controlled by the legacy settings. Does legacy mean they will dissappear?

And one little thing I miss now more than ever: crash sounds.

The sparks look great. Yeah, they might be funny at times, like in real life. Everything can be improved in real time simulations because nothing can be simulated near perfectly but it's very good already.

The UI improvements are also very welcomed, true life improvements.

Congratulations Studio 397! And thanks!

Edit: The particle effects look better too. So many things improved...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Btw, fantastic work on the particle effects overall. Finaly rooster tails look as they should. It's also great to see the ambient light affecting the spray properly. Sorry, couldn't resist :p
    20220414015413_1.jpg 20220414021515_1.jpg 20220414021746_1.jpg

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Wow no black smoke for water spray anymore. Looks fantastic.

justposted, memoNo1 and davehenrie like this.