Anyone else concerned about MSG’s future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesleegte, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Travis

Travis Registered

I found Austin's videos really interesting, especially the most recent video which indicates the CEO has a colourful history.

Motorsport Games arrived with a bang, bought up dev teams and promised several big name licenced games. Their first game was/is a disaster which has left many people wondering what the future holds.

MSG have bled money, burning through nearly $2 million USD per month and their share price has lost 95% of its value in 15 months. The BTCC game is gone from their dev road map and Stephen Hood (ex-Codemasters) is now the ex-president of MSG too.

If everything goes to pot, hopefully rF2 & S397 survives. If not, it's been an interesting journey as an end user.

2. Corti

Corti Registered

3. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Could you or anyone from S397/MSG at least vaguely respond to the claims Austin has made in his videos?
    If everything he says is BS, then it should be pretty easy to make a statement towards the community saying "this guy is full of bs and the real situation with S397/MSG is as follows:..."

Remco Majoor likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They can 'say' anything. History is full of positive statements from companies that are already heading down the drain. The only statement you can trust are the official financial papers that are required to be filed. And strategically, as a company, you do not want to grant power to a critic. I doubt we will see anything directly pointed at Austin. They have their next quarterly release of content in a few weeks, that will be the focus of all their statements.

pkelly and Simulation_Player like this.
  5. Travis

Travis Registered

The financials are readily available for those interested to quantify Austin’s assertions in his videos: https://ir.motorsportgames.com/static-files/43f35959-47b5-42ce-8349-3b844053d508
    and..
    The losses are replicated across the various dev teams in the MSG portfolio, not just S397. It is grim reading even if you’re not a finance person.
    Quite the positive outlook for 2022 from the MSG accounting team.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  6. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

oof , those losses are really sad.
    I sincerely hope one day S397 can recover, and make big profits for their hard work.

atomed likes this.
  7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

When S397 costs >2Mio in half a year, how could they survive the past years? The sales revenues from content are far less.
    Did car companies sponsored them to get cars modelled?
    Did they sell laser scan data and other a different way?

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Or maybe they didn't cost 2 mil a year before MSG took over

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

So MSG payed 16M for a company that earned sales per year for < ~500.000? And only in good year where the NS was published for example?
    Like in real world, Motor sport is big waste of time and money. Lots of hokus pokus

Maarten Nauta and TrigMan59 like this.
  10. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Why I Was Wrong About MOTORSPORT GAMES!

Remco Majoor likes this.
  11. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Same drama, yet again! Content creators have to live off of something...

FAlonso and atomed like this.
  12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

TrigMan59 likes this.
  13. Stevy

Stevy Registered

14. guenther

guenther Registered

Is this a forum or a youtube search result list? If so:

vava74 and ThomasJohansen like this.
  15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It's a bit like a flashmob in a McDonalds shop organized by people who are against the consume of meat but eat veggie ice cream in the same store. You don't have to understand it. ;)

mantasisg likes this.
  16. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Videos about a topic on a game forum which could be or is affected by this, in a thread dedicated to this.
    Whats wrong with that?
    If you don't like the topic don't read it.

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Well, yesterday you wrote "F*ck MSG" in another threat, in a forum that is part of the MSG umbrella. Do I really need to explain to you how this works? I've seen forums where such behaviour would have resulted in an instant perma ban so I would try to be a bit more humble at times and act like a guest. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. :rolleyes:

trichens likes this.
  18. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

From a end user point of view, the ones who need to worry are those who bought there recent Nascar title which has turned out to be a flop! But even that Is not something that hasn´t happen before, see Battlefield 2042, or Cyberpunk 2077 just to name a couple of big company flops so far among ALL the other Indy or not so Indy game leftovers.

All businesses have there peaks and lows, and If we had to do a deep dive on most common everyday companies we would surely be surprised as to how they get there balancing act together to keep afloat. If we add to that what there losses are or how they spend there money, that would be even more depressing!

Going further, there are actual government laws or doings that clearly surpass any transaction model and hey no worries. Should we talk about the F-35 maybe, and who will suffer from such calculations. That´s just one example over many all over the world!

I am for one someone who doesn't like telling someone how to run his/her house. I wont do so with my neighbor for example, as long as he keeps respectful and his doings doesn´t effect mine. He/she can do what ever with his/her life matters as long as It doesn`t fall on my roof.

Is all of this showing or lacking In what S397 Is doing so far? I see not, should I worry? Well life is what It Is and we all worry about something but I learned over my 59 years not to do so until the time comes. It´s a waste of energy and time, and speculation has proven to have done more harm then being worried about your own.

Sure I don´t want to see rF2 or S397 go down the drain, but Is that the case now? No, this Is all like playing armchair general, very easy to do from that end right?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  19. Stevy

Stevy Registered

If I get banned or not should not be your concern.
    I can be pro S397 and still don't like MSG. The same people love Audi or Porsche but don't like VW.
    Also they don't feed me anything so I can bite their and your hand as much as I like ;)
    Even more like I'm (or we consumers) are the hand they get fed with (or by? my english = oof)

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

+1