SimHub Turbo Boost gauge

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by 2ndLastJedi, Apr 9, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Can anyone help me to get my boost gauge working properly in rF2? I have made many dashes for all sims but my boost gauge never works properly in rF2! I've tried working out if it uses PSI or KPA but just cant get an accurate gauge on turbo cars.
    Hopefully someone here knows what is needed to get it working. I've asked in SimHub Discord but know one seems to know rF2 enough to answer.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I guess this isnt something people know about. So many cool turbo cars in rF2 and i cant make a dash to suit.

3. doddynco

doddynco Registered

The physics use pascals, with 100000 (or approximately) as 1 atmosphere.

So I think you need to calibrate simhub for 100000 units for 1bar absolute on your gauge.

RF2 turbo model is insane as it stands but has unfortunately been left unfinished. It doesn't model the intake manifold so there's no input latency/vacuum simulation. Maybe they've left it out because it requires some kind of volume/pressure simulation and that would just be far to cpu intensive for one component with negligible effect. I sort of managed to simulate vacuum on the '86 Benetton historical mod but it's a bit of a hack - it would be a good car to see your gauge working on.

atomed and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered