Anyone else concerned about MSG’s future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesleegte, Apr 4, 2022.

1. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Of course! Who of us does not dream of going 5 or 6 hours full throttle dodging stones and jumping some cutted dunes for roll like Alonso?.... :D:D:D:p

Rui Santos likes this.
  2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

You really didn't get the point, anyways you are entitled to have your opinions but i don't think using insulting words like "moron" is good for discussion.
    watch the language when you are speaking to another person if you want to be treated with respect.

4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

The Grandprix series was ahead of its time. The weather simulation of GP3 alone provided features and perfection that are worse implemented even today in the current sims. A drying track first on the racing line, puddle formation, rain on different parts of the track. An AI that also implemented this correctly etc etc. That was and is for me in terms of weather simulation still the measure of all things. To MSG: I hope that is not as it seems here and if so, then I hope that RF2 quickly gets another owner.

AMillward and Rui Santos like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you're overreacting to something that wasn't insulting anyone, but the GP series was very well known and full-featured. Shat over any licensed F1 offering and all F1/sim nerds played it.

Thing is, no one else did.

AMillward, Remco Majoor and trichens like this.
  6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

He didn't call anyone a moron.
    He said they are not morons.
    Quite a non insult really.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  7. Simulation_Player

I can't slice his comment in different way, i still think that he called me moron.
    but since most of guys think it is not the case then you might have a point.
    Anyways this is my last post on this subject, i don't want to derail this thread further.

8. green serpent

green serpent Registered

It was an easy sentence to misunderstand. Basically what was said was this - just because we as knowledgeable sim racers think a certain product to be better than something else, it does not necessarily mean that those who disagree with us are morons.

Hope that makes sense.

trichens and Simulation_Player like this.
  9. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Good, so we are all friends again? Nice!

10. boxer

boxer Registered

I scheduled all my PC upgrades around the GP releases :)

11. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Another installment from Austin just now. In my opinion this is actually some really good investigative journalism, and not something you usually see as sim racing content is usually 99% exaggerated bullshit. Seems 'due diligence' isn't a phrase that's understood in the sim racing world, or at least as far as MSG are concerned, or companies/individuals dealing with them.

I've kept quiet on this from day one and was cautiously optimistic. The alarm bells did start ringing after NASCAR Ignition was released, but this is an absolute disaster.

Let's hope rF2/S397 is protected in some way when this inevitably goes tits up. My other hope is a merger between rF2 and Beam.NG - which I think would create an unbeatable sim in terms of physics/tyres.

12. Simulation_Player

This video really does sound alarming for future of S397.
    I have no biases towards any company , while i wasn't gonna buy nascar 21 game but i was hoping for it to turn out great for rfactor 2 sake.
    I just hope whoever buys S397 is truly passionate about cars and wants to deliver a amazing,realistic product....which people will remember even after many years.
    *if MSG truly goes down.

trichens likes this.
  13. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

avenger82 likes this.
  14. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Netflix will have a brand new show ready to start making, once the views for the tinder swindler start to fall

15. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I was surprised to see Alonso too!

16. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I'm curious if 2022 will (still) be the year for rf2 after all these news or if everything gets delayed to 2023 or later :D
    I'm also worried where all my DLC money now went. :p

17. lagg

lagg Registered

Your money went to your hard disk :)

Filip likes this.
  18. Stevy

Stevy Registered

[​IMG]

lagg likes this.
  19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It would be good investigative journalism if Austin was actually an objective journalist. But he isn't. It would be the same as if Marcel Offermanns wrote "investigative" pieces about competing companies or publishers. It's not good practice and I wonder why people in the sim racing sphere have no issue with it. That's much more alarming than MSG having financial issues. MSG isn't the first publisher that tries to play with the big boys and get's it wrong. S3 was founded because Simbin went brankrupt. Netcar pro wasn't as successful as Kunos would have desired and quite a few other sims/racing games were total disasters in terms of economical sustainability. Does this make the publishers or developers of those games scammers? Broadcasters not getting their number of viewers right? Seriously, cry me a river? Austin works/worked for a company that promised a full blown sim but delivered a mediocre simcade while using quite a bit of money from those people who desired a sim. Is that any better? Welcome to capitalism.

20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I'd say let msg go bankrupt, take s397 with them, let the screwed over parties create a new studio with s397 staff, and let them make rf3, but with a different name ;)