Not Starting Race Where I Qualified?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrigMan59, Apr 5, 2022.

1. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Hi Folks,

So I setup a Single Player race in rF2 at Lime Rock Park with a Practice Session, a Qualifying Session and then the Race. On the Race page (see screenshot) it has a Grid Position selector. You can either pick Random or a number between 1 and 104. Why isn't there a "As Qualified" choice? If I select Random, it's never where I qualified and if I pick a number, that's the exact spot where I begin the race. Am I missing something here? I must be a newbie and the answer is staring me in the face but I just cannot see it. Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Roger

upload_2022-4-5_14-50-38.jpeg

2. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

I’ve never experienced this before personally.
    I’ve been playing RF2 all day today ( perfect day off work ) and I can share my session settings and hope you have no issues too.
    I have practise for 120 minutes, quali 8 minutes four laps and then race laps whatever you fancy. I don’t have warm up on at all. At the end of a practise and quali session I press continue to next session and I always start on the grid where I qualified.
    I have grid position set to 7, because whenever I fancy just a quick race, I like starting 7th on the grid, don’t ask why because I have no idea haha.
    I hope this helps

TrigMan59 likes this.
  3. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Maybe its because I'm running a Quick Race. How so you setup an Non Quick Race Single Player race? I'm not sure I understand the difference.