Solving the tireheating problems of a tire

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by EmperorOfFinland, Mar 19, 2022.

1. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

I have been experimenting with tires but i have the problem that the cars reartires tend to burn up quite quickly. so i would have to bring down the tireheating for that specific compound down a bit.

What is the best way to bring the tiretemperatures down for the tire itself as the tires cant cope that well with the downforce that the car is producing. so that will mean that i have to reduce tireheating of the compound a bit

As the main problem is that the tires are fine for the first 2 laps and then the rears overheat since they start to run 90-100C when going straight, the hard tires dont suffer from this to the same extent as they tolerate that heat. so i basically have to drop the soft tires heating a bit as a result or the car is basically impossible to drive.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You could try adjusting DampingHeatEnergy=() in the TGM. I presume (hope) you have looked at the skip barber tgm that has comments for all these parameters.

Of course if you are using tyres with loads they weren't designed for you're always going to be struggling to make them behave well, with all aspects considered.

3. EmperorOfFinland

I reduced the tireheating to similar levels as the 1986 and it seems to work quite fine. so i brought the

GroundConductance=(320, 0.0167, 0) to GroundConductance=(1000, 0.0167, 0)

That brought the temperatures down from 110-120C to about 85-90C given the 110-120C is the overheat point of the tire.

the tire would still overheat but it would not overheat as instantly by just driving straight. so this allows for more tiremanagement in terms of temperature.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't a massive increase in ground temperature conductance is really the best approach, but ok.

5. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

6. philrob

philrob Registered

Martin, that is a real heavyweight study.

7. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@Martin Dyrlund
    after trying to read all that... hats of for the tire complexity in this game.

8. EmperorOfFinland

Well i could adjust something else but i got workable results out of that you could ofc explain to me how to do it better but the issue was really that the cars were going too fast for the tires as the tires are basically based on 1975 tires and cars went slower then. also the cars are running on 2500lb or 11500N of downforce at 240kph/150mph and they can hit 16000-18000N at top speed. So basically the tires just cant take the extra load on them.

The main problem lies is that good luck getting enough info on 1982 season F1 tires. thats not happening.... so kinda have to improvise on that