Permanent official Nordschleife Server

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by redapg, Mar 31, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

I have another Wish. :)
    I would really like to have a permanent official Nordschleife Server, that can be driven with all official DLC and non DLC Cars, set to warm and sunny Weather and a Practice Session Length of, let's say 10 Hours.

And it also should have a Hotlaps List, that People can compare their Laptimes.

This is one of the most iconic Tracks in the World and gets used from a lot of (all?) Car Manufacturers from all over the World, for Test Driving.
    So why not let us doing the same Thing. ;)

And that i would like to have it set up with sunny Weather, has the simple Reason that i live in Hamburg, which is a Town with a lot of rainy Days in real Life already, so i really don't need to have Rain in a Video Game too yet.

2. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

+1

The main thing missing from rf2 for me is an in-game hotlap leaderboard.

Even if there was a different combo every week/month, to give a reason/purpose to practice/compete.

Siri, Bernat and redapg like this.
  3. svictor

svictor Registered

+1

This is the one thing that keeps a lot racers motivated at practicing in server (at least in our league).

redapg and atomed like this.
  4. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

At Fidgrove we recently created an automated leaderboard feature for communities as part of our data platform. Every time you drive, we'll automatically validate the car-track combo, and update your best lap time to a leaderboard table of the communities you've joined. We've created an open/public "Fidgrove Friends" community for anyone to join if they're interested. You can then leave the community or use the "mute" functionality if you no longer want to share new best lap times with the community.

You can check this thread for more info on the platform, or our website here.

Below you can see some screenshots of how you navigate through community track records at our Engineering Station:

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 10.49.55.png

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 10.50.10.png

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 10.50.17.png

svictor and redapg like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

I guess it's a general and natural Thing, that People like to compare their Achievements with Others. :)

svictor and Ricardo Diz like this.
  6. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I love the idea of open 'track day' style servers where you can drive whatever car you want, or even just spectate. Why gather on the forums when we can simply gather on track!

7. svictor

svictor Registered

I miss the Car Select menu from old UI, which player can freely change cars in server, one of the best thing (and an advantage over other sim) that RF2 once had, especially for cruising and trackday. We used to open a targa florio server with all kinds of cars, and people were having fun switching and driving different cars, trying new car parts, hanging out in server.

Sadly, the feature is no longer available.

atomed and Corti like this.
  8. green serpent

green serpent Registered

That'd be awesome.

9. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, nice feature ...

At some point there was a server plugin that was able to export race standings.
    (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/racestandings-dedicated-server-plugin.10626/
    > Still existing in github : https://github.com/cosimo/rFactor2-RaceStandings)

Maybe there is still a way to send results for each lap of players connected through a server plugin.
    You send this to a web server (node.js ?) that stores the datas and you can display standings outside game.
    Now you show that via an overlay and you're done ... you have "in game" full standings ...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    atomed likes this.